• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    A few years ago I picked up Winchester model 70 wssm re-barreled to .358 BFG. I've been very pleased with it so far. Each year I try to up grade it somehow, last year it was
    bette glass, rings, and base thanks to Allen.
    After this past season when taking the rifle apart for a good cleaning I noticed the plastic trigger guard was cracked. I've been looking for a good stock and bottom metal. I'm looking for any suggestions or info you guys might have.
    thanks.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    If you want a part in finishing it, I have used a few Richards Microfit stocks and all have been very nice. I have used their laminated and walnut stocks.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    What I would really like is something with more of a tactical look. Not needing I just like it. I can not find any options. I wish they made the magpul stock for it but that's not going to happen given the low amount of people building these rifles.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It's so camoflage they actually make it out of the forest.

OP, Pacifig Tool and Die (PTG) seems to make good bottom metal for a great price if you are looking to not break the bank.

Well...until recently walnut WAS tactical...

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Film dip your Magpul 700 stock in woodgrain ;)

BTW, anybody using that stock?
    I got a Hogue with BDL metal cheap to swap my ADL into (just to test) and am not even gonna take it to the range (put it back in factory Tupperware that has epoxy added for stiffening).
    Hogue stock feels good, but needs safety area cleaned out.

Plus d*cking with the BDL...............I remember why I like the ADL's better.

Just wondering if my sporter in the Magpul gets me anything other than the detach mag (is in .243).
    Need to handle a sporter in that stock.

Walking varmint rig, don't want a heavy bbl.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Nothing looks more like a tree than... Well, part of a tree! My next tactical stock will have twigs and leaves!

I guess I should have been more clear. The finish dosent really matter. I just want something light and I like the ergonomics you get with a tactical style stock. I'll glue bark to it if it makes you guys happy.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I guess I should have been more clear. The finish dosent really matter. I just want something light and I like the ergonomics you get with a tactical style stock. I'll glue bark to it if it makes you guys happy.
    No, I was just screwing around being my normal smartass self. Do what makes you happy bro!

Top Bottom