• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkulick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Hobart,IN
    I was looking to take a tactical training class and was wondering if anyone knows of any in the area. Or any training classes for that matter. If you can help it would be greatly appreciated, thank you

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    It would help to learn what sort of budget you would like to spend and what sort of classes you are looking for to provide better recommendations.. Do you carry a pistol every day? Are you looking for marksmanship classes to be a better shot? Are you looking for more self-defense related training to compliment carrying your sidearm? etc,etc

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    What do you want to learn in a class? What is your current level of experience? "Tactical" is a big, catch all term.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    What type of training are you looking to receive? Tactical can mean many things. What is your current level of experience?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I was looking to take a tactical training class and was wondering if anyone knows of any in the area. Or any training classes for that matter. If you can help it would be greatly appreciated, thank you

You can go to the link at the bottom of my post for classes we teach in Rochester. There is also at least one other INGO member who teaches there. You should be able to find something for whatever level you are at now, and where you want to be. There is also a wonderful resource on this forum in the advertisers section where you can find mucho training opportunities.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    For pistol, start with Sheriff Campbell's course. For carbine, drop rhino a message.

Zero_ek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Alexandria
    One thing ive noticed with training. If you dont have your own land or know someone who has land your pretty much stuck with paying for class after class to get training that you cant really practice much on. With no groups to work with you get to spend time alone at a range somewhere sitting at a table just shooting. With gear you pay a bunch of money for that just sits around in a closet. I still pay for classes when they pop up but unless you know someone already in a group it seems like the chances to utilize your skills may only happen if the end of the world hits.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    One thing ive noticed with training. If you dont have your own land or know someone who has land your pretty much stuck with paying for class after class to get training that you cant really practice much on. With no groups to work with you get to spend time alone at a range somewhere sitting at a table just shooting. With gear you pay a bunch of money for that just sits around in a closet. I still pay for classes when they pop up but unless you know someone already in a group it seems like the chances to utilize your skills may only happen if the end of the world hits.

While for sure it is nice to have a group to train with, you should definitely train what you have learned in class. Class just doesn't last long enough to perfect the techniques. We can show you what to do and why, but you have to practice it to expect it to work when you need it. Imagine taking guitar lessons and never practicing, you won't get very far. If you simply don't have a range where you can do what you did in class, then do everything dry or with airsoft on a regular basis, and then when you can, do it live at the range.

Your point is well taken, and it is one of the reasons that we have recently instituted Alumni Training Groups. We will have regular (sorta) training dates for those who have taken our classes. An instructor much be present and will work with the students on advancing the things they have learned. So far it is proving to be pretty popular.

Last edited:

Zero_ek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Alexandria
    This year i plan to take at least combat pistol marksman and combat rifle marksman.And rochester isnt so far away from where i live so id like to be part of an alumni training group after i complete some courses.

Top Bottom