Looking for training around the Laporte area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Yes, As a matter of fact. Suarez International USA, Inc. - Search Most in Rochester, IN. Handgun, Rifle, FOF, take your pick.
    Have you or anyone else here taken their close range gunfighting course?

I'm just curious how advanced it is. Perhaps if anyone can compare it to Tactical Response's Fighting Pistol class.

I don't want to jump into something way over my head/present ability.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Have you or anyone else here taken their close range gunfighting course?

I'm just curious how advanced it is. Perhaps if anyone can compare it to Tactical Response's Fighting Pistol class.

I don't want to jump into something way over my head/present ability.

I can't give you an honest comparison to TR's class. I can give you some info that should help you decide. Close Range Gunfighting is not a basic class. Someone attending should have at least a good understanding of gun handling, gun safety, and the draw stroke. As an example, when I took CRG a few years back, it was my first SI class, however, I had been to the police academy, along with more advanced police training and had been in the Infantry. While CRG did not have a whole bunch in common with my previous training, my previous training did have me up to speed on the basics and CRG went well.

If you are not sure if you are ready, but want to attend, you could always take Intro to Defensive Handgun. April 23, 2011 - Introduction to Defensive Pistol - Rochester, IN This class is a good affordable one day class that could bring you up to speed, plus at the end of class, I could prep you for CRG. Quite a few people who want to go into an intermediate course like Point Shooting Progressions, or CRG go this route.

One of the main components to CRG is movement. Not take one step to the side movement, but dynamic, explosive, get off the X while drawing and shooting your opponent to the ground movement. This is one of the reasons that a good grasp of the fundamentals is important coming into the class.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to pm me.

Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Thanks for the detailed write-up.

Very helpful.

edit- & having just noticed your sig, I suppose asking if you had taken the course was a stupid question, lol

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom