• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Like the title says. I want to start shooting competition this year and USPSA looks like a good fit for me. Before I join the league I want to be sure there is a club within range that shoots matches regularly.

So, what is the nearest club to Muncie that shoots a regular match? I do intend to move closer to Indianapolis sometime this year so that broadens the search area a bit.

Thanks!

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I live practically in Downtown Indianapolis. I shoot USPSA atleast 2-3 weekends a month. I can drive to Atlanta Conservation Club in 50 minutes, South Central Gun Club in a hour and 15 minutes, Riley Conservation Club in a hour and 15 minutes, Silver Creek Conservation Club in 2 hours and 15 minutes, Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver Club in 2 hours and 20 minutes, & Warsaw Rifle and Pistol Club in 2 hours and 30 minutes. All the clubs put on good matches and are worth the drive.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Looks like I'll be shooting at Atlanta. Any members or USPSA guys that shoot there? It'd be awesome to have someone to show me the ropes.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    About everyone that responds to the USPSA threads

Most everyone is willing to show you the ropes. We all pretty much know each other or knows someone that knows somebody

Atlanta attracts mid 80 shooters because it is central 'ish' located. It attracts the NW crews and the central and south central crews

Indiana has great local matches and awesome level 2 matches. They should be on everyone's list of majors

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Looks like I'll be shooting at Atlanta. Any members or USPSA guys that shoot there? It'd be awesome to have someone to show me the ropes.

My advise, get involved with the setup crew at ACC. Its a good way to learn about the sport, and make friends who can teach you the ropes.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    My advise, get involved with the setup crew at ACC. Its a good way to learn about the sport, and make friends who can teach you the ropes.

^^^^^^^^ this.

This is a great way to meet shooters and it is a shortcut for new shooters to learn the rules and stage breakdowns.
    Most of the people setting up stages are experienced shooters and when you help setup you get to see why they put targets where they do. You will see things that you would never see on match day with a 5 minute walk through until you get some experience.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    ^^^^^^^^ this.

This is a great way to meet shooters and it is a shortcut for new shooters to learn the rules and stage breakdowns.
    Most of the people setting up stages are experienced shooters and when you help setup you get to see why they put targets where they do. You will see things that you would never see on match day with a 5 minute walk through until you get some experience.

Not to mention that there is always the need for help setting up, running and tearing down matches.

Take a RO class. Learn to run a squad. We are always asking for RO's at matches.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

I'm currently a Muncie resident and Atlanta is my home club. As of this year, I'm the Match Director for USPSA at ACC. I can tell you everyone there (as well as all the other clubs around) is helpful and will be glad to help you [STRIKE]become an addict[/STRIKE] enjoy the sport. It's a lot of fun.

CB45 and Bosshoss's advice is good. That's how I got started a few years back. I showed up early to help with setup, and pestered everyone with questions. Being there a little early, having time to learn a few things before game time and get acclimated made the experience all that much less intimidating.

Hope to see you out there!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN

^^^^^^^^ this.

Not to mention that there is always the need for help setting up, running and tearing down matches.

Take a RO class. Learn to run a squad. We are always asking for RO's at matches.

FRESH MEAT!!!

Top Bottom