• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Oops, I missed that during our conversation. Talking with an uncle today and he mentioned it. Thanks for clarifying before I made a mistake. I noticed this CFII Q&A on the vortex website earlier,

[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]"Can this scope be used on an air rifle?"
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]
    • [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]With proper torque on the rings you should have no issues, however the parallax on the optic is set at 50 yards which may be farther than an ideal. I recommend looking towards the Diamondback series with an adjustable objective."[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    Misleading??

Not misleading at all. They are basically saying the scope will hold air gun, but you may want the parralax adjustment depending on the range you intend to shoot your air gun.

You and i talked about an air rifle having sort of a reverse recoil.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've bought a lot from Alan and hold his opinion and experience in the highest respects. For whatever reason though, I just haven't had as good of luck with the Vortex strikefires as others have.

I'd agree with the concept mentioned earlier that if this 15-22 is going to be a trainer for when you don't want to dump 5.56 ammo then you'd like your reticles to match up. I've got a Bushnell TRS-25 that I've trained with and absolutely beat to hell and back and I'm amazed that it still even turns on. You can get those trs-25's on sale with mounts in the $75 range give or take $10 depending on your patience. I liked the first one I got so much I bought a second. I'll probably buy a third & fourth at some point to be completely honest with you.

To each their own, but for a 22lr blaster that little bushnell trs-25 fits it like a glove. My 15-22 has never been accurate enough to merit a regular scope. In my opinion there's just too much flex in an all plastic receiver, all plastic forend mounted to a steel barrel.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I've bought a lot from Alan and hold his opinion and experience in the highest respects. For whatever reason though, I just haven't had as good of luck with the Vortex strikefires as others have.

I'd agree with the concept mentioned earlier that if this 15-22 is going to be a trainer for when you don't want to dump 5.56 ammo then you'd like your reticles to match up. I've got a Bushnell TRS-25 that I've trained with and absolutely beat to hell and back and I'm amazed that it still even turns on. You can get those trs-25's on sale with mounts in the $75 range give or take $10 depending on your patience. I liked the first one I got so much I bought a second. I'll probably buy a third & fourth at some point to be completely honest with you.

To each their own, but for a 22lr blaster that little bushnell trs-25 fits it like a glove. My 15-22 has never been accurate enough to merit a regular scope. In my opinion there's just too much flex in an all plastic receiver, all plastic forend mounted to a steel barrel.

What issues have you had with the Strikefire? Did you send it back to Vortex?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The first time there was some kind of a control panel under the rubber part of it and it was sent back and they gave me what I think was a brand new one. The one I've got now works, but the buttons under the rubber pads don't always work the first time. Seems like half the time I end up pushing the button and nothing turns on or I've got to push buttons more than once to make it work or I've got to really press harder than I should. After I'd already returned one I didn't take the time to figure out what was going on a second time especially when I had the bushnell that didn't have rubber buttons and worked 100% of the time.

Seems kind of crazy that they can sell these for $60 without the riser, but these bushnells are a very solid red dot from what I've experienced. Bushnell TRS 1x25mm Red Dot 731303

Top Bottom