Looking to buy 12 gauge rock salt shells in bulk, any ideas where i can?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drussell077

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2013
    Livingston
    Looking to buy 12 gauge rock salt shells in bulk, any ideas where i can get them?

I've only seen them in singles for $5 each, 3 packs for $10 and 5 packs for $15.

I'm using them for home defense mostly.

Thanks for the help.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Looking to buy 12 gauge rock salt shells in bulk, any ideas where i can get them?

I've only seen them in singles for $5 each, 3 packs for $10 and 5 packs for $15.

I'm using them for home defense mostly.

Thanks for the help.

so your going to pop someone that has broke into house with rock salt?.......:popcorn:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Why in the world would you choose to defend a home with salt when there are dozens of MUCH better options available?

Serious question!

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    hey, If no one wants to help thats fine by me

You don't seem to be getting it, but everyone is trying to help. Shooting rocksalt out of a shotgun shell at anything is about the most stupid idea anyone can have. Wounding someone in this method will open yourself up to a lawsuit that most likely will end the standard of living you are now enjoying. Do yourself a favor and stick to more traditional SD choices.

IBTL

:popcorn:

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't know that there are any factory loads. We always made them ourselves. They work great at discouraging the neighbor's dogs from getting after the chickens, but are a horrible idea for self defense.

If you really want them in bulk, its a great time to start learning to reload.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    My dad got shot with them when he was a kid back in the 50s....he said it hurt like hell as his ma pulled them out of his butt.

I think its a great idea...but I see everyone's point. While it will discourage in a non-lethal manner someone that enters your house...it will most likely end up in a lawsuit and you'll probably lose as in today's age...even criminals press charges....and win...vs my dad's time when his ma chewed his as out and made the removal as painful as possible to teach them a lesson.

Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    After a few minutes on Google, I found the same thing you did. It looks like you will have to load them yourself in order to get any in bulk. However, your Google-Fu may be better than mine.

I am not going to question your motives, but I personally would never use ammunition for home defense that would leave a home invader alive. :twocents:

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    Rubber rounds or Bean bag rounds?

Personally... You come in to my home uninvited or by force... You just forfeited your "rights". I'm not toying around! Live ammo = Dead hobo! :twocents:

Last edited:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I use a double barrel with salt in one and pepper in the other.

My pump shotgun has: garlic powder, then paprika, then old bay, then oregano, and finally a bit of cumin.

Top Bottom