• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dlang0920

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    hello:ingo:im looking to buy an ar style in caliber .308 anybody in community have a recommendation on the best bang for the buck? plase help

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I think the Armalite is best. But, DPMS is the most popular.
    Agreed. I have the Armalite 10-4 and it's a real machine. Flawless performance and accuracy I had trouble accepting out of an AR platform at real distance.
    A bit more money than the DPMS and well worth it imho.
    The Armalite 10-4 has shot side by side with the DPMS a buddy owns and while the DPMS is a good dependable weapon it's not on par with the Armalite. I could live with the DPMS IF I hadn't already owned the Armalite.

dlang0920

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    you know i am going to look very seriously into the dpms 308 i have read up on great reviews for the price

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    I own a DPMS LR-308. This is the 24" bull barrel model. It has a harris BRMS Bipod, and a cheap CMMG 2-stage trigger. Nikon Buckmaster scope. My best group to date is .80" 5 shot group at 100 yards. I Love this gun. I have a total of about 1500 bucks into the whole thing. It loves federal gold medal match 168's.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I own a DPMS LR-308. This is the 24" bull barrel model. It has a harris BRMS Bipod, and a cheap CMMG 2-stage trigger. Nikon Buckmaster scope. My best group to date is .80" 5 shot group at 100 yards. I Love this gun. I have a total of about 1500 bucks into the whole thing. It loves federal gold medal match 168's.
    TAGGED for future Reference ...

irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    I have a DPMS LR 308 B that is threaded and runs with suppresser great. Its a tack driver with 168 Grain bullets. It has been a very good gun to me. Only issue I ever had was with the original DPMS factory magazines. They were bad. I called DPMS and sent all 10 of them back to them and they replaced with new ones . So far all good.

Only thing I have found it will not cycle subsonic ammunition with the can on it

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a DPMS LRT in .308 and I couldn't be happier with it.

I bought one that was built for Tony Holmes when he was shooting for DPMS.
    It was a prize presented to him for winning a series of matches I believe.
    Supposedly it was hand-built, with hand-picked parts.

By far the most accurate firearm I own.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Although I am inclined to get one from Tactical Machining, I have seen a lot of used .308's on the market lately. Doubtful that most of them have a lot of rounds through them.

InfraRed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    My LR-308 AP4 (DPMS) is awesome. I run $18 magpul magazines in it and it runs flawless. I'm not a fan of the metal OEMs. I dropped quite a bit of money into mine, but it was worth it. The AR-Restor buffer works great in this gun. It makes the recoil nice and linear. The gun would jump up and roll to the right with the stock buffer, now it punches straight back like a SCAR Heavy. I have had both a Rock River Match and a SSA/E trigger from Geissele in this gun and both were great. I'm partial to the Geissele, but anything is better than the stock.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    I say wait for the new Colt. I think it's the LE901 and it can shoot 308 and 5.56 with just an upper change.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I say wait for the new Colt. I think it's the LE901 and it can shoot 308 and 5.56 with just an upper change.
    That's most bucks for the bang... You could probably buy an 5.56 AR for the price of the "proprietary" 5.56 upper. Not that it isn't cool though.

Top Bottom