• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I've had decent luck as with a slightly larger than I need button down shirt untucked. Both my shield and 45c don't print at all...now if I reach for anything, the shirt ends up above the gun. People are just so sensitive now and they freak out over nothing...I don't like to attract that kind of attention, what they don't know won't hurt them.

And I guess you should have told her, "no, I'm not happy to see you, that's just my gun":)

Untucked shirt or cover garment? 1911 baby!!!! As an example when I was in TN last month for a class I carried a full size 5" 1911 OWB, double mag carrier, small knife and 5 shell caddy with 12 gauge slugs. All on my belt, all under a button down shirt. I went to WalMart, out to eat at a nice Japanese steakhouse, wondered around the Super8. It was all fine.

If you look, dress, act like you are supposed to carry a gun then nobody questions whether you should be carrying a gun. Truth is 99.99999% of people don't look up from their phones. The ones that do notice don't care. (Disclaimer, I do not recommend this type of attire in Illinois, downtown in major cities, on college campus, on the east coast, or any other bastion of liberal silliness).

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Untucked shirt or cover garment? 1911 baby!!!! As an example when I was in TN last month for a class I carried a full size 5" 1911 OWB, double mag carrier, small knife and 5 shell caddy with 12 gauge slugs. All on my belt, all under a button down shirt. I went to WalMart, out to eat at a nice Japanese steakhouse, wondered around the Super8. It was all fine.

If you look, dress, act like you are supposed to carry a gun then nobody questions whether you should be carrying a gun. Truth is 99.99999% of people don't look up from their phones. The ones that do notice don't care. (Disclaimer, I do not recommend this type of attire in Illinois, downtown in major cities, on college campus, on the east coast, or any other bastion of liberal silliness).

Not a cover garment, just an untucked shirt. It was convenient for me because that's how I dressed before I ever thought about carrying.

You do raise a good point about confidence. I never thought about that being a factor for people's acceptance. Though you're right, they really never take their eyes off their phones...probably could walk into a store with an AR15 strapped to your back and %75 wouldn't even notice.

As for liberal areas, I try to avoid them as much as possible. I had to go to a wedding in DC a year ago...all the stupidity made my head hurt.

Last edited:

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Ok, I'll ask...

If you've carried a full sized for years and it works for you, why change?

In the past year I have had a change in my life, and I find myself carrying much longer than I used too, and it just gets to be too much. Considering there are so many excellent compacts it seems to be a solid way to go.

Top Bottom