Looking to get a custom knife handle made.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I was hoping there are people here who are into making knives. I have a new knife, but I would love to get a custom handle made for it. I just got my new CRKT Hisshou delivered yesterday. The blade is very impressive... long, strong, and sharp. The handle just does not feel right in my hand.

The knife as delivered.

If you look at the handle, it appears to be just a simple full tang design that had been wrapped. I'm thinking that if the ray skin and wrapping were removed it would be not difficult to fashion two wood/micarta handle sides to screw/pin on.

This is my favorite knife, a . MOD Mark V ATAK. This knife has the best handle I have ever wrapped my fingers around in my life. I am looking for a handle that closely duplicates this. The size of the handle and the finger grooves are just perfect for my hand, and I think having the handle flair out into a guard at the front would be safer for the end user... me.

I know that custom work isn't cheep, and am willing to pony up. If there is a way to add the hammer pommel or lanyard hole it would be nice, but it's the handle itself I really want.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I know it's your knife and none of my business, but I hate to see you removing the jap wrap and eel skin. I'm a sucker for traditional styled Asian blades though. Very cool knife though, surprised that it's CRKT honestly.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Problem is that stupid MOD Mark V Atak. I got lucky with it. Bought it over the internet at MWR and had it shipped to me in Iraq. Ever since I got it, all other knives suck. Not a huge fan of the spikes at the hilt, but that handle fits my hand so well, I almost don't want to put it down. It just feels right. I can't believe there are no Knife makers on here answering. Bummer. I'd pay to get what I want...

Cur Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    Lafayette area
    Problem is that stupid MOD Mark V Atak. I got lucky with it. Bought it over the internet at MWR and had it shipped to me in Iraq. Ever since I got it, all other knives suck. Not a huge fan of the spikes at the hilt, but that handle fits my hand so well, I almost don't want to put it down. It just feels right. I can't believe there are no Knife makers on here answering. Bummer. I'd pay to get what I want...

I may be able to help you out after I get back from the Art of Steel show in Arkansas. Real busy now trying to get knives ready to go, you can give me a holler late Feb. or early March if you can wait that long.

Let me know

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I may be able to help you out after I get back from the Art of Steel show in Arkansas. Real busy now trying to get knives ready to go, you can give me a holler late Feb. or early March if you can wait that long.

Let me know

Thank you. I will. "The art of steel" I like the sound of that. Kinda like the "riddle of steel" Conan's father taught him...

Cur Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    Lafayette area
    Is there anyone out there who makes custom knives that is willing to do a handle?

Only two bites, both from members who don't answer PMs.

Sorry I didn't see on the post where you sent me a PM, I don't sign in every day and didn't see it. I am willing to help you out, the easiest way to get in touch with me is email. Send me what you have in mind and let me know your ideas. Again I apologies. dot61h@yahoo.com

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I may be interested in doing it. Ive done some custom stuff for several others on here as well. Shoot me a pm and we can talk about options if you still need it done.

Top Bottom