Looking to get a used Gun Safe, any advise?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Jeff Johnson is right down the street. He will build you one and last time I was there he had a bunch of used safes. You must call him as he does not do email or the internet in general Tell him INGO sent you!

Johnson Safe - INGunOwners

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    You'll look forever for used. just buy a new one, you won't spend that much more. Now, there is always that long shot of finding a widow on craigslist. I looked for a used one for 12 months and finally just went and bought a Liberty centurion from gander mountain.

OutaAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Safe

Bought a Liberty Lincoln several years back. The one thing looking back is to figure what the biggest safe you will ever need .....then buy the next bigger model.

OutaAmmo

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Bought a Liberty Lincoln several years back. The one thing looking back is to figure what the biggest safe you will ever need .....then buy the next bigger model.

OutaAmmo

Oh yes, so true. For every gun with a pistol grip, count it as two guns too. They take up a lot of room.

caguasjade19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Central indiana
    Hi OutAammo: You are right! I started with 1 gun and now there is more and I use all of them. I also started with 1/2 a tent in the infantry and now I got more space and property taxes. Thanks for the message.

danglearms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Mooresville,IN
    craigslist

keep an eye on craigslist. few a far between, but i have seen them in there. like the other thread said, figure the biggest you will ever need & get the next bigger size. i have out grown 2 of them that i thought i would never fill.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Hi OutAammo: You are right! I started with 1 gun and now there is more and I use all of them. I also started with 1/2 a tent in the infantry and now I got more space and property taxes. Thanks for the message.
    I think he meant don't rely on the manufacturer's claims about how many guns it will hold. For every gun you own that isn't a skinny little lever-action gun, count it as taking up the space of 2 guns in your safe.

Top Bottom