• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have a couple questions. How small is it and is it good for EDC. Is there anything smaller? I want to get a fixed blade with a sheath I don't care for folders. Can you guys make any other suggestions?
    Last question-how do you guys carry your knives? OWB? I would think that would be most ideal. Right now I have a Buck knife 119 I think and it is way too big for EDC maybe good for out in the woods but way too big to be carried conveniently. Thanks for any help.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i edc the esee izula or izula 2 everyday. they are great blades for the money to say the least. another option is the bark river necker or psk both would suit you well. very good stuff.

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    I've been carrying an ESEE 4 for the past few days, I set it up for horizontal carry on my front left side. Sounds complicated, it's not. conceals easy under a T-shirt.
    I think an ESEE 3 would really be great for most people to carry this way.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    What do you plan to use it for? The Izula is a great EDC for most people. It's durable and retains an edge. It can be carried on the belt, around the neck, around the ankle, or on the boot. So, it's a very versatile knife. But depending on what you plan to use it for, there may be better options for you.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Anthony I plan to use it for EDC things like utility, protection, and cutting up my steak dinner(not really) Basically Im looking for something lightweight and very concealable. Ive come to terms with the fact that I don't like carrying big knives and/or big guns it is just too much of a pain. Hence my Ruger LCP and Keltec P3At. Now Im looking for something to go with them.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    They are great knives, I really want one. My father in-law carries his in his pocket with the sheath lanyard looped around a belt loop of his pants. Very concealed and easy to get out.

I carry my Busse like fireaxes, horizontal on my belt. Excellent way to carry a bigger knife and keep it somewhat concealed!

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Just bought my second ESEE. First was a 4 for all around use and its a wonderful knife. I got the IZULA this past weekend and have using it as my EDC knife. I thought that it wouldn't work that well for EDC but i don't even notice it in my pocket. I carry it in my front right pocket with my money clip and it is way more comfortable than any folder i have carried with equal sized blade. I am going to a smaller Kydex sheath though. The factory plastic sheath is bulky for in the pocket carry.

copper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Shelby County
    picture.php
    [/IMG]

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Just PM Sheila a.k.a. "Knife Lady", and she'll take great care of you on anything she sells. She has to be one of the best ESEE dealers there is, seems like everyone I see at the 1500 is carrying one of her blades!

Bottom line, between her and Brad, I've never met better knife dealers.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I picked one up a few weeks ago. Getting dad one for Fathers day! I love this knife. I dropped it off my lap out of my lifted Jeep onto my driveway point first and it didn't phase it.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    if you like knives of that size, and want something not as common, you might want to check out some other options. the ESEE knives are good. but their are other knives out there in that price range.

you could get a fixed blade from a host of makers and manufactor in that size and price range.

Joe Brum
    Will Zermeno
    Martin Olexely
    Ken Brock
    John Barker
    Joshua Rice
    Jeremy Horton
    Mike Carter
    Bill Coye
    Butch Harner
    Jacob Mello
    a host of others.

as for production, with ESEE and most production knives, you get it ONE way. ONE steel (unless you get a spyderco mule). ONE handle treatment. you get ONE shape in that handle (flat). the henry ford style knife. is it bad? heck no. are their better choices? in my opinion? yes.

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    I EDC my izula around my neck... it is a neck knife.

DSCF0778.jpg

You cant go wrong with this little blade... plus, it comes in orange! get one from knife lady and you wont be sorry

Top Bottom