• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usaguy2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Getting a pretty good size tax return so I figure this is a good time to put a new quality gun in my collection.

What I have:
    1. Bushmaster AR-15 M4 style
    2. PSL 54c
    3. Mosin Nagant
    4. Daisy .22 << (They dont make em anymore but aren't worth a dime.. Im gonna give it time.. lol)
    5. Springfield XD 9

5 is beginner status lol.. I need a lot more. (used to have more before college but sold em to fund computer/printer etc.)

This thread is completely subjective, I know which gun one "Should" get depends on what they wanna do with it. I just enjoy shooting in general. nothing competitive. I want to have a huge collection of quality guns when I die to pass on to my kids.. Being 23 "should" have plenty of time to collect.

Only stipulations... The gun must be reliable and something that would be nice to have in a collection. I wanna keep it at $1,000.00 or less.

What I have considered:
    Another AR 15
    a 1911 of some kind
    AK 47
    AK 74
    some type of silencer.. thinking larger than .22 tho (dont know if .22 silencer would be worth investing in) tho one of them 1911 .22s with a silencer looks pretty cool.

Any ways.. just looking for opinions and conversation.. let me know what ya think.:patriot:

usaguy2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah i do not have a shotgun . used to have a remington 870 pump before the college came around. Think I will wait on the shotgun though because from what i remember with the 870...It was expensive to feed, and I enjoy going out now and then and shooting the gun :)

I have never seen an UZI up close.. I will have to look up one and get some info on what they are like and how much they run.

bbarker

Marksman
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    SE Indiana
    I noticed too the absence of any shotguns. A nice 870 should be in everyones collection.....isn't there a law about that? :D Sounds like you are not interested in shotguns though and I don't think that you could go wrong with a nice 1911 either. Good luck!

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I have never seen an UZI up close.. I will have to look up one and get some info on what they are like and how much they run.

If your ever up by valpo ill let you have some trigger time on mine so you can get a feel for it, but I warn you, there are as addictive as moisens, AR-15s... :rockwoot:

Same as everything else though, can get cheap ones for sub 500, decent ones for 6-800$, all the way up to full auto for 8500$+.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    If you really want an 870 you shoudl go for it, the basic shot ammo can usually be obtained for 50 rounds/$10 ish. I doubt you could find anything larger than .22 ammo that cheap. (reloading dif story of course).

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    1. Adjust your taxes so that the return is not so big.
    2. Save the $$ for your education or incidentals, you already have a pretty nice line up.
    3. If you really must have one, find a nice shotgun setup on the used forum... and take some of the balance and donate it to the Humane Society of Indianapolis. :ingo:

usaguy2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    1. Adjust your taxes so that the return is not so big.
    2. Save the $$ for your education or incidentals, you already have a pretty nice line up.
    3. If you really must have one, find a nice shotgun setup on the used forum... and take some of the balance and donate it to the Humane Society of Indianapolis. :ingo:

hehe I enjoy a large tax return :patriot:

Top Bottom