Looks like a good deal. Get them while they're Hawt.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    I know people that have Plum Crazy lowers with 1,000's of rounds of use and no meltdown whatsoever lol. I would not hesitate to buy one, if I weren't such an AK kinda guy!

recon19d

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Sierra Bravo November
    A simple fact- People don't like change, and people fear things they are unsure of. Thats undeniable and the reason people who have no experience or little with the NF lowers are so sketchy about buying one...Because yes, your right...It makes no sense, how is this "plastic" lower ever going to compete with metal? Well folks, its calls science, and its gotten us where we are today haha. Embrace it and enjoy it.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    i have seen people backing over their POLYMER lowers with a 3 ton truck, then pick it up, throw a mag in, and shoot 30 rounds... why the polymer hate?

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Could a polymer lower on an AR be such a bad thing? The Scar 16S and 17S both have polymer lowers, and everyone seems to love the Scar..?

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Im wondering if these are like the plum crazy that has polymer internals. I wouldnt be worried about a polymer receiver, but polymer internals I wouldnt trust so much. When I seen a Plum Crazy at a gunshow it even had polymer take down pins, hammer, trigger, basically every thing but the springs.

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    hmmm....i owned an AUG..it was 90% plastic. That thing was indestructible. I am not sold 100% on the polymer lower in an AR platform. I also had a Cavalry Arms A2 lower last year. Was very comfortable to shoot and was again...next to impervious to my neglectful handling. (im hard on my stuff sometimes). But i havent had much experience with one..maybe the guy above is right...buy one for a range beater/loaner gun and see how it goes?

JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I was at Ranger Supply yesterday and they had one. I felt it. Everything is polymer. Even the hammer and trigger. I can't imagine what the weight distribution would be like with a poly lower.....

-JD-

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I don't know about this. I'm a big proponent of adopting advances in materials and all. But I owned a Carbon-15 Type 97 and I was not impressed by it. Maybe it was just that particular build that Bushmaster did (well really Professional Ordnance since Bushmaster bought them out).

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I was at Ranger Supply yesterday and they had one. I felt it. Everything is polymer. Even the hammer and trigger. I can't imagine what the weight distribution would be like with a poly lower.....

-JD-
    I might be willing to give just the stripped lower receiver a try but I would probably use a different LPK of my own choosing if I ever did.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    I used a pcf lower to do a cheap AR build for an extra. I have been really happy with fit and function. I paired it with a RedXarms 5.56 upper and have around 700 rounds thru her with no issues. It eats whatever you put thru it - steel, brass, zinc etc.
    Give them a shot - you won't be sorry.

Top Bottom