• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BCCS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    My dad sorts and sells brass for a local range, we found 30 of these blown out 9mm's in one of the buckets. I didn't think that they would even feed let alone cycle the gun.
    9mm - Imgur
    9Ods8uf.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I could see this happening in a Gock since a 19 mag will fit in a 23, etc.

I just want to see the target. I bet that guy is trying to figure out why he cant keep a decent group. :laugh:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I mistakenly fired a .32 through a .380 before. Ammo was in a baggy, everything else was .380, it stayed in the mag, hell it even fired. Was the lowest recoiling 380 I ever shot. Brass was pretty expanded like the pic. Was interesting to say the least

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    This is why I double check my ammo at the range if I'm shooting more than one caliber of handgun ammo. I mean, nobody is perfect, but there are steps you can take to help prevent doing that like sorting and labeling your ammo or keeping loaded mags separate if they're loaded with different calibers.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I guess that's another advantage of consolidating calibers. When I shoot multiple in a session, it is generally .22 and 9mm. Not much chance of mixing those up.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I've seen brass like that at the range in Darlington before. Not a problem I see myself having as I only shoot 9mm and .45acp through my handguns.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The last time I was shooting at ITP I saw this happen in real time.
    I was sweeping up my brass and noticed some distorted cases. And here came another case flying at me feet. There was a fine looking girl shooting a steel semi .40. I'd noticed she was struggling with her gun cycling. I picked up the empty case and showed her it was a 9mm. She called me everything but nice. I had her check her mags and she had 9 mixed in the mags with .40.
    She was still "cantankerous" for lack of the 5 letter b word.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I've done that before, once. After 3 rounds I realized my error. Never happened again.

Same here, I did it once, and after exactly 3 rounds realized what I had done. I had a G19 and G23, and I wasn't diligent in keeping my magazines properly sorted (which is odd, because the OCD Force is strong with me). I immediately field stripped the G23 to inspect it, and it was perfectly good to go.

And yeah, boy, I felt like an id10t for sure. Though it was the softest that G23 ever shot.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    40_in_a_45.JPG

That's mine. A friend loaded my mags from our bulk bin. Didn't realize that there was a single .40 in the tub. I loaded it into my 1911, fired the first three rounds fine, hit the target with all of them and it had it's first failure to extract. Further investigation revealed this critter stuck in the chamber. So it cylced, fed and fired the .40 just fine, just couldn't pull it back out!

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have seen folks do this before and it was always because they would dump all of their handguns and ammo on the bench together with magazines and boxes of ammo AT THE SAME TIME. Don't do this. Shoot one caliber of gun and then put it and ALL of its ammo and magazines away before going to the next one. DO NOT allow new shooters to load magazines for others. People get careless talking and shooting and just grabbing a box of ammo and loading magazines and then this happens.

Grifd21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2014
    Bloomington
    Haven't seen anything like that. Relatively new to guns, and was always curious what would happen. Very interesting, but not something I want to experience!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've done that before, once. After 3 rounds I realized my error. Never happened again.

3 shots with .40 in my new .45.
    Had it pointed out to me.
    Shot for decades, but felt like a noob.

Haven't seen anything like that. Relatively new to guns, and was always curious what would happen. Very interesting, but not something I want to experience!

Case bulges like those shown.
    Weapon won't fully cycle.

Top Bottom