• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    How so? The text of 26 USC 5845 hasn't been amended.

Exactly. ;)

No one will be prosecuted for possessing bumpstocks prior to the publication of the final rule.

Well, ok. If someone is prosecuted for that, it would violate ex post facto.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What the holy hell is the point of this??? What’s more important to you, seeing our rights get trampled or taking pleasure in who might or might not have been the one doing the trampling?

Grow up.

Disgusting...
    Not disgusting. Accurate around here.

Teflon Don is avoiding responsibility for this anti-2A power grab.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Good to see the resident fallacious pot stirrers are still here.

good to see people still fall for their crap

lolz

I don't understand why folks even respond to some of them.
    As being born and raised in MD and a lifetime NRA member since I was a young kid I can see people's distaste towards the NRA very easily. It's not been often that the NRA's legislative folks have ever bothered to show up across one of the rivers from their new building to give pro gun Maryland members and residents a helping hand with the draconian laws that have been passed. One would think they would be much more proactive since they have been involved in certain legislation since 1975.

For years now I look at being an NRA member in a different way, I look at the programs that they have been doing a long long time and are very good at. The kids programs, the education programs, local shooting matches, state and national shoots, the magazines and scores of other great things they do.
    I gifted my son with a lifetime membership when he was young and I get two magazines for our memberships, I read them and then forward them to where my son is stationed.
    By the time they make there way through the barracks they are worn out he tells me.

Yep, it sucks that the NRA has made what most of us think are huge mistakes.
    I just focus on what they are good at. I still with send them a few bucks every year.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The Patriot Act, terror watch lists, no-fly lists, erosion of our Civil Rights (most ALL of the Bill of Rights, not just 2A)... the list goes on and on. All it takes nowadays is a few bad people (perps AND politicians) to ruin things for the common, law-abiding citizen.

Lest anyone think I’m a fanboy of Donald J. Trump, understand this: At this point I really wouldn’t mind if he ended up being impeached, convicted and removed from office. He and way too many others have violated their Oaths of Office.

The recent trend of using Executive Actions to go around Congress is very disturbing.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I don't understand why folks even respond to some of them.
    As being born and raised in MD and a lifetime NRA member since I was a young kid I can see people's distaste towards the NRA very easily. It's not been often that the NRA's legislative folks have ever bothered to show up across one of the rivers from their new building to give pro gun Maryland members and residents a helping hand with the draconian laws that have been passed. One would think they would be much more proactive since they have been involved in certain legislation since 1975.

For years now I look at being an NRA member in a different way, I look at the programs that they have been doing a long long time and are very good at. The kids programs, the education programs, local shooting matches, state and national shoots, the magazines and scores of other great things they do.
    I gifted my son with a lifetime membership when he was young and I get two magazines for our memberships, I read them and then forward them to where my son is stationed.
    By the time they make there way through the barracks they are worn out he tells me.

Yep, it sucks that the NRA has made what most of us think are huge mistakes.
    I just focus on what they are good at. I still with send them a few bucks every year.

Yeah, killing babies is only like 3% of what they do anyway.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, friends, last week's SCOTUS decision leaves me cautiously optimistic. :)

SCOTUSblog link:
    Opinion analysis: Frogs and humans live to fight another day - SCOTUSblog

National Review assessment:
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2018...ision-dusty-gopher-frog-administrative-state/

Short version for INGO purposes:
    Federal agency decided to interpret the federal statute as allowing a broad legal definition of a phrase that was incompatible with the actual definition of the phrase. The resulting change in interpretation would've denied lawful owners of property MILLIONS of dollars. It was a unanimous decision (well, 8 justices because Kavanaugh hadn't been confirmed yet).

That leaves me optimistic because not only does the precedent provide an argument that the bumpstock definition change doesn't really fit with "automatically" (which is part of the "machine gun" definition), the numbers could easily work out to a majority. That is, even the more liberal justices were willing to apply "reasonableness" to this definitional issue, so even if the fact that the bumpstock case will involve guns might bother them, a couple of them might still support this line of cases. Regardless, "we" should have a majority anyway that can refer to this fresh precedent.

Boys, this could be a new dawn on the firearms-regulation horizon. :)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If so, I really hope he uses the new SCOTUS decision to say, "After carefully re-examining the issue, it will take a legislative act by Congress to change the definition to include bumpstocks."

If that happens, I may get a MAGA hat myself. :)

Make it an election issue in 2020.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    So more 4D chess?

On boy, here we go again. Don't forget, he is a stable genius.

Zi6JBB8MvqSUiXV5MNzgG5lDSXMUiwsqPV-5mnI7cE7CPypGNR1i4Nws0C3ZVzpdrKXBHX7exeQPttuUohqxjdGEqUxWj4IKRbEg_1vbZBLKEM6zdCLs8atUi_lYeV_ZpzmVHGasF1x7dmKLhIqYjLRADn1959f-PbKQNGermuPkARRprFPKL4OS2b069KuErEKRLvRkTgdSQ1Hafsz1mFAdYsEpqYj98wjRBuRo0DgCAopNqBplFM7k7aQtIhMsCVqpbcNlpxP7Sygof50oNFtnilshQcXbTsevfnCrI9xEv-q0eAd1lLLQs2wBDkdEHhLkmckB-cKW3HdyIwlDp9K_uzC3nod5aQpIyPIydELaAsYT9wYc4Y5IuUmGzLk4EmDNO8sVK3vxh-ucUjy09tU_Nir6diXc8RF4JmiiV-2HjYqH1PgtFszuAOIlxCbHjQRJJK3FauKexcE12OkFk7xpdpqI2G4ZZg_hQuzPKYiw6_78VMgyQE2MuhEwWYjRfHK-v4lt430j7RLb5v3ql4jdzM46gZuk2lTOXnNTS3iRlYbDVm1W5HEjK0Fwb6iG9hsi1HPTUljmuV7Qi7bh4Lb3OgRv4bxStW9nfVkhwmOjAwdcfQ8l_YFJK9arJGZoM6xNVs_wOv3qpEsBS5Vk_omYkA=w575-h862-no

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, if I remember correctly, the proposed rule came out on December 26 last year. I wonder if the plan is to publish the final rule in that same timeframe this year.

SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It really burns my biscuits when Trump does stuff like this. There was zero reason to push for a bumpstock ban. Vegas has faded from memory, all this does is signal to his base that he is squishy...

And the worst part is that the precedent this sets is a huge slippery slope that will be used to take all semi autos in the future.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    It really burns my biscuits when Trump does stuff like this. There was zero reason to push for a bumpstock ban. Vegas has faded from memory, all this does is signal to his base that he is squishy...

And the worst part is that the precedent this sets is a huge slippery slope that will be used to take all semi autos in the future.

You are aware that Trump supported the so called "assault weapons ban", aren't you?

Trump is like any other piece of **** executive....at the end of the day, just another piece of ****.

SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You are aware that Trump supported the so called "assault weapons ban", aren't you?

Trump is like any other piece of **** executive....at the end of the day, just another piece of ****.

Yup. My biggest concern about Trump prior to the election was the fact that he is not a principled conservative.

For the most part Trump has actually governed as a fairly conservative President, more so than someone like GWB. As a result I have gotten on board the MAGA train, but Trump still insists on committing an unforced "own-goal" from time to time.

Top Bottom