• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hold on there. It was said awkwardly—there is only one president at a time—but the sentiment is spot on. Of the people who have a shot at becoming POTUS in 2020, Trump is the most supportive of the 2A. There is not a Democrat who has a shot at it who is even neutral on gun control. The next election, for anyone supportive of gun rights, is a trade-off between anti-gun zealots and Trump, for all his faults, real amd imagined. In terms of gun control, the choice is between someone who abused his power as president to ban bump stocks vs someone who would surely abuse his or her power to ban guns.

I've seen a few names of republicans mentioned that might consider primarying Trump in 2020. Names like Krystol, Flake, and Kasich. Does anyone think those guys would have gone to the mattresses defending bumpstocks? We already know where any democrat would have stood. (Though if one of them had been president, maybe the republicans would have resisted a little bit more just because of partisanship...but not guaranteed). None of the likely 2020 victors will likely seek to roll back anything. We'll be lucky if they don't roll over on UBCs or a federal red flag law.

Sadly, there is no viable alternative.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Maybe when they head to court the GOV employees will not show up at all, since they are out of work.

That would be awesome, and time to start some other cases.

I know it won't happen, but it would be cool if it did.

nwihiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2018
    Lake County
    Maybe when they head to court the GOV employees will not show up at all, since they are out of work.

It would definitely be ironic when you consider the only reason machine guns (and now “machine guns”) are still quasi-illegal is because in the SC case challenging the NFA, the defense didn’t show up to the hearing, which allowed the feds to lie their way to unconstitutional gun control.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Miller

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Has there been any update on the GOA lawsuit regarding the ban?

The last update I heard from a week or so ago, was that a judge denied a request by the DOJ asking for a stay on the hearing re: GOA's request for an injunction.

Basically .gov argued that the shutdown would prevent lawyers from being able to attend the hearing but the judge wasn't having it.

[video=youtube_share;rQ6rCSWHHRE]http://youtu.be/rQ6rCSWHHRE[/video]

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    The last update I heard from a week or so ago, was that a judge denied a request by the DOJ asking for a stay on the hearing re: GOA's request for an injunction.

Basically .gov argued that the shutdown would prevent lawyers from being able to attend the hearing but the judge wasn't having it.

[video=youtube_share;rQ6rCSWHHRE]http://youtu.be/rQ6rCSWHHRE[/video]

And the silver bullet to help defeat the NFA is getting cans taken off through HPA. But it suffers from the same fate as national carry reciprocity, not enough votes in the house.

Injess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2019
    Columbus
    And here, folks, is an example why we shouldn’t rely on Rolling Stone for our gun-related news:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/bump-stock-rule-771259/

The article really misses the mark when it comes to how bump stocks work and .gov’s rationale for banning them.

I can’t believe I just read all of that rolling stone article, I hope I didn’t lose too many brain cells in the process.

the NRA is quiet because they see it as a compromise. I personally feel like you should never take a backwards step on the 2A. Which is why I’ll be supporting gun owners of America.

i got the impression from the article that the author feels semi automatic fire is more deadly than full automatic. I’d be willing to support a law that only allows civilians to own full automatic weapons and all semiautomatic weapons must be converted, it’s a horrible sacrifice but I’ll do it for the children.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Miculek is a good dude. basically said, It's has no application for me, but if you want to go have a giggle, that's fine, that's what makes this country great."

Sounds like a libertarian philosophy to me...

Also, conquer ignorance and fear by bringing someone shooting!

Top Bottom