• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trump gets *****-slapped in the Courts again. Good.

EDIT: Wait, this only applies to one individual (the Plaintiff in this case)?:

https://www.ksl.com/article/46515678/utah-gun-enthusiast-granted-temporary-stay-of-bump-stock-ban

Haven't read the order, but technically it may only apply that case, but historically it means they don't enforce against anyone who would be in the same position as that guy. And it appears that every bumpstock owner is in that guy's position.

This isn't really a slapping of the face yet. More like a rain delay.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Trump gets *****-slapped in the Courts again. Good.

EDIT: Wait, this only applies to one individual (the Plaintiff in this case)?:

https://www.ksl.com/article/46515678/utah-gun-enthusiast-granted-temporary-stay-of-bump-stock-ban

Haven't read the order, but technically it may only apply that case, but historically it means they don't enforce against anyone who would be in the same position as that guy. And it appears that every bumpstock owner is in that guy's position.

This isn't really a slapping of the face yet. More like a rain delay.

From the other link: "As such, it blocks enforcement, set to take effect on March 26, only against Aposhian while his case is in the courts."

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    OK. Tell us exactly how you feel about this man.
    I suppose Billery would have been better.....Fair question.

I have no love for this action either.
    Why does that get thrown out in response to criticizing Trump so often? The fact that she would have been worse does not change the opinion of him.

He is on the way to being a more successful anti-gun President than Obama was. That is really sad.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Can’t they both be true? Trump did this. That makes him at least an ass. But. That’s the cost of not Billary.

Might do some good if the freedom loving pro 2A supporters stood together at his rallies and let him know what things they support and what they don’t.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Can’t they both be true? Trump did this. That makes him at least an ass. But. That’s the cost of not Billary.

Might do some good if the freedom loving pro 2A supporters stood together at his rallies and let him know what things they support and what they don’t.

Exactly. This lays it out there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why does that get thrown out in response to criticizing Trump so often? The fact that she would have been worse does not change the opinion of him.

He is on the way to being a more successful anti-gun President than Obama was. That is really sad.

I can not disagree. I was asking a simple question. Jamil for the win.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Don’t forget what he said about red flag orders. Something along the lines of we get the guns first and then worry about due process. **** that!

[video=youtube_share;yxgybgEKHHI]http://youtu.be/yxgybgEKHHI[/video]

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

A may be more evil than B.

That does not mean B is not evil.

“Never open the door to a lesser evil, for other and greater ones invariably slink in after it.”
    - Baltasar Gracian

Trump is an ass.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Machineguns shouldn't be illegal either but a certain generation of Americans decided to be little *****es and let their government infringe their natural rights so now we are living with it until we can change it.
    Once you lose something its 10x's harder to ever get it restored.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A may be more evil than B.

That does not mean B is not evil.

“Never open the door to a lesser evil, for other and greater ones invariably slink in after it.”
    - Baltasar Gracian

Trump is an ass.
    Yes. Trump (A) is an ass. Hillary (B) is a *****. So you have two evils from which to choose. Maybe in some contexts B is better than A. But those are contexts which I fail to imagine. I feel like I’m stuck with A, even though he’s an ass. Give me a better choice and I’d gladly take it. B isn’t. Judging from the clown car full of Democrats currently entered in the race, none of B’s team, as ass as A is, is any better. ****ed up as that is. It’s what it is.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes. Trump (A) is an ass. Hillary (B) is a *****. So you have two evils from which to choose. Maybe in some contexts B is better than A. But those are contexts which I fail to imagine. I feel like I’m stuck with A, even though he’s an ass. Give me a better choice and I’d gladly take it. B isn’t. Judging from the clown car full of Democrats currently entered in the race, none of B’s team, as ass as A is, is any better. ****ed up as that is. It’s what it is.

Pretty well covers the state of politics in America at present. The kids that we raised are getting tied up on the "Gimme" train. They fail to see the end results.
    I am seriously thinking this is not savable.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Pretty well covers the state of politics in America at present. The kids that we raised are getting tied up on the "Gimme" train. They fail to see the end results.
    I am seriously thinking this is not savable.
    Agree that this is the state of politics at present. Not sure how old the 'kids' you are talking about are, but I have had the opportunity to work with/be around a few different groups of 16 to 28ish year olds and whenever I'm around them I actually come away with more hope than what I went in with. This is not to say that many haven't been indoctrinated with left leaning ideas, but I believe in many ways they are reachable and as they mature will be thoughtful toward the 'old ways'. The ones that get tied up on the gimme train will always be beholden to the ones giving and leading, and I see a desire to do this. My suggestion - go hang out with some kids and see if you come away feeling hopeless or hopeful.
    Edit so it's not a threadjack; I've always thought Trump was an ass.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana
    I am still trying to wrap my brain around the DOJ's creative way of justifying the reclassification of these stocks. In 2006 I got rather good at bump firing my 9mm AR15 from the shoulder. I have stated in several forums that if the DOJ adopted this rule change it would be very hard to find a judge willing to grant an injunction based on the apparent violation of the law. Honestly what judge wants to be "that person" who put these devices back on the streets! I don't expect the US Supreme Court to even hear the case either. Neil Gorsuch told Dianne Feinstein that "Machine guns can be banned" during his confirmation hearing. If this reclassification isn't squashed, any firearm that can be bump fire or function in a rapid manner could be reclassified as a machine gun by a future President.

Top Bottom