• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prostate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    After about 400 rounds, I noticed that the front sight has come loose. I intend to bring it back to Gander mt, since I bought this thing less than 2 months ago. Anyone with the same experience?

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    I've not had this problem with my Detonics, nor has my friend who I sold a Kimber Custom II to had any such problems either. Granted he's only had 200 or so rounds through his, his sights are still fine. I had a fiber optic sight installed in an aftermarket gunsmithed dovetail and it has not budged at all. Perhaps the sight gets knocked around during storage/holstering if you do so?

PremierArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Kimber will repair this for you too. If you need help, we are a Kimber Master Dealer and can assist you in returning it to Kimber.

ckmil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Greenfield
    My front sight did the same thing a few months ago. I shipped the slide off to (Yonkers) Kimber and had it back in one week. No questions asked.

prostate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    Well, they fixed it in Gander Mt. It looks pretty clean although I think the smith simply applied some glue. I hope this is a permanent fix, but if it breaks loose again, I'll check on Kimber themselves

shawnfox12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    greenfield in,
    no no no never take to a blacksmith to work on your $1000 gun if it looks like they glued it than thats what they did i would have had them send it to kimber to have them take care of it

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    no no no never take to a blacksmith to work on your $1000 gun if it looks like they glued it than thats what they did i would have had them send it to kimber to have them take care of it

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.... who said anything about a blacksmith?

and its not ganders fault the front sight is loose. they probably tightened the dovetail a bit and locktighted it in place, VERY common practice, VERY effective, and any moderatly competant gunsmith can do this procedure.

Top Bottom