Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    This should work well.

la.png

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/crimes-las-prosecute

As of Tuesday, many misdemeanor cases will be declined or dismissed prior to arraignment unless "factors for considerations" exist. The list of offenses includes trespassing, disturbing the peace, a minor in possession of alcohol, driving without a license, driving with a suspended license, making criminal threats, drug and paraphernalia possession, being under the influence of a controlled substance, public intoxication, loitering to commit prostitution and resisting arrest.

For juveniles, those accused of misdemeanors will no longer be prosecuted.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    O.J. was simply the Kaepernick of his time. Once the Bureau of Land Management has had a chance to re-write history, his prosecution will be historicized like the letter from Birmingham jail.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I keep thinking the words reap and sow. Too bad the politicians enacting this kind of garbage have protection that their citizens don't have access to.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    O.J. was simply the Kaepernick of his time. Once the Bureau of Land Management has had a chance to re-write history, his prosecution will be historicized like the letter from Birmingham jail.

Well. I'm not sure that's all that true, but damn it was fun reading it. That is an epic soundbite. Maybe it kinda illustrates the point.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This new breed of far left Antifa-adjacent prosecutors who neglect to prosecute certain crimes looks to me like a means to an end, which would have something to do with bringing about the new American Revolution. The obvious result of not prosecuting certain crimes is chaos. Skipping through the progression, chaos brings about revolution, or at least the opportunity for revolution.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Meanwhile in Minneapolis car jackings are up over 500%...defund the law, get lawlessness.

I guess that's why democRats really want felons to be able to vote, they are working hard for their votes; not so much average Joe.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    And one of the people who was helping turn California into the Paradise it is now will be the president of the US in just a few months/years.

I'm sure since she did a great job in cali she will do amazing things for the country.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Yesterday I had a call from a woman moving from California to Texas. She emphatically ranted about the governor, the politics, the taxes, the whole shebang. She said some of her friends who already moved told her to come to Texas, stay away from Austin, but come to my area. She was shocked at how much cheaper a storage unit and everything else is here (I manage a self-storage facility).

To rent a UHaul 26' truck, the biggest one used for moving an entire house, from San Francisco to San Antonio is over $5000 (not incl taxes and env fee), and from Los Angeles it is over $4000 (I'll bet that goes up soon). To rent the same truck from San Antonio to San Fran is only $853. That's because all the UHaul trucks are leaving California, many of them coming to Texas, and very few are going back.

I just hope she and all the others stay mad enough to remember the policies that turned California into a third world banana republic, and VOTE AGAINST DEMOCRATS and RINOs here.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Yesterday I had a call from a woman moving from California to Texas. She emphatically ranted about the governor, the politics, the taxes, the whole shebang. She said some of her friends who already moved told her to come to Texas, stay away from Austin, but come to my area. She was shocked at how much cheaper a storage unit and everything else is here (I manage a self-storage facility).

To rent a UHaul 26' truck, the biggest one used for moving an entire house, from San Francisco to San Antonio is over $5000 (not incl taxes and env fee), and from Los Angeles it is over $4000 (I'll bet that goes up soon). To rent the same truck from San Antonio to San Fran is only $853. That's because all the UHaul trucks are leaving California, many of them coming to Texas, and very few are going back.

I just hope she and all the others stay mad enough to remember the policies that turned California into a third world banana republic, and VOTE AGAINST DEMOCRATS and RINOs here.

I had a buddy move from LA to Colorado. He was illegally subletting in a friend's garage for something like $1500 a month. He was over the moon happy with the instant raise he got when he re-did his W4. I reminded him to keep those policies in mind when he voted ....

And his wife ended up in a pink hat parade in 2017 and he ended up unfriending me over politics as Colorado looks to be turning into California lite. Sigh.

HoosierNation33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2020
    Springfield
    I had a buddy move from LA to Colorado. He was illegally subletting in a friend's garage for something like $1500 a month. He was over the moon happy with the instant raise he got when he re-did his W4. I reminded him to keep those policies in mind when he voted ....

And his wife ended up in a pink hat parade in 2017 and he ended up unfriending me over politics as Colorado looks to be turning into California lite. Sigh.

The only thing out of Colorado politics I think should spread is the legalization of recreational cannabis. Other than that, nah...they can be that buried in their mountains.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    The only thing out of Colorado politics I think should spread is the legalization of recreational cannabis. Other than that, nah...they can be that buried in their mountains.

I'm with you. The hope act just passed the house so we will see what the senate does with it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I find it hard to be sympathetic and instead find myself hoping it gets worse.

When it does, California will be looking for ways to make more responsible folks pay for it.

Progressives have a long history of making messes and then plundering responsible folks for funds to clean up the mess.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    When it does, California will be looking for ways to make more responsible folks pay for it.

Progressives have a long history of making messes and then plundering responsible folks for funds to clean up the mess.

I'd be willing to pay to watch it burn. It's like a strip club only more funner.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Uh. $5k to move? Imma buy me a truck and take their money. If they’ll pay 5 grand for a rental truck, maybe they’ll pay 20 or 30 grand to have someone move them. I’ll call my business 1 fat guy and a truck.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Which, of course, makes Nancy Pelosi the vice president. :rolleyes:
    No. It doesn’t. The speaker doesn’t move up just because there’s a vacancy. If Biden leaves office for whatever reason, the veep moves up to President, and then nominates a new veep. The the senate votes on confirming much like a cabinet position. After confirming the new veep is sworn in.

That’s what was so odd about Gerold ford, he was never voted into either the vice presidency or presidency. Agnew was Nixon’s running mate, but then resigned not long after the Nixon administration began. Ford was nominated and confirmed as VP to replace Agnew. Nixon resigned because of Watergate and Ford became President. Ford chose Rockefeller as his Veep. Then Ford lost the election in ‘76.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Wow, that is a painful story to read. And so true. We like to think people are moving because of politics. But really, it's all just money. They're perfectly happy with the politics. They just can't afford the rent.

Top Bottom