• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    You're awesome! I'll be picking up a small torx set after work today....I need a smaller set anyway. I thought about loosening the pivot screw in the first place but thought it may cause some free play in the blade.

Now I'm starting to feel bad that I didn't buy the knife from you as I originally planned. It was an internet impulse buy late at night:(. For the next knife I'll hit you up. Rep coming your way!

I hope you find that torx bit because they are very hard to find at most retail stores...they just don't carry the small ones that are used for knives (T-6, T-8, T-10). If you do find it, when your loosening up the pivot screw, do it very lightly/slightly.... like 1/16 of a turn or less at a time until the assist starts operating smoothly. If you go to much you will have blade play. Also, after you get it working again and have used it for a couple of weeks (break in period), you should go back and tighten it up slightly.

I'm not sure where you are located, but if you can't find that torx bit, let me know and I'll try and help you.

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I don't know if they will do it for everyone but my pocket clip was getting loose on my zt0303 and one screw was semi stripped, they said they would send new clip and screws out asap and i said hey what size torx screws do i need and the lady said don't worry we will throw in a set up for you. it came and was a pocket version that held all 3 t6 t8 and t10 bits w/ a key chain set up. they sent it all to me for free. very cools stuff if you ask me

here is what they sent me free
    Kershaw Keychain Torx Tool

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I don't know if they will do it for everyone but my pocket clip was getting loose on my zt0303 and one screw was semi stripped, they said they would send new clip and screws out asap and i said hey what size torx screws do i need and the lady said don't worry we will throw in a set up for you. it came and was a pocket version that held all 3 t6 t8 and t10 bits w/ a key chain set up. they sent it all to me for free. very cools stuff if you ask me

here is what they sent me free
    Kershaw Keychain Torx Tool

Nifty. Also check out computer shops/tool kits for small torx screwdrivers.

I used to be able to get them all the time in machine shops as a lot of machining inserts use small torx screws to hold them in the toolholders...

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    well the pivot screw is stripped, it doesn't loosen or tighten. I guess I need to decide which is quicker sending back Amazon or sending it into to Kershaw.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    well the pivot screw is stripped, it doesn't loosen or tighten. I guess I need to decide which is quicker sending back Amazon or sending it into to Kershaw.

WOW! That's hard to believe (not saying that it's not stripped) coming from Kershaw. I have never seen that before from any knife made by Kershaw. I guess there is always that occasional lemon. I would send it back to Kershaw and let them deal with it...their customer service is good and I'm betting the turn around time would be just as fast. :twocents:

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    WOW! That's hard to believe (not saying that it's not stripped) coming from Kershaw. I have never seen that before from any knife made by Kershaw. I guess there is always that occasional lemon. I would send it back to Kershaw and let them deal with it...their customer service is good and I'm betting the turn around time would be just as fast. :twocents:

Yea, I kept loosening little by little and nothing was happening. Kept turning more and still nothing so I gave it several turns and still nothing. So it tried to tighten it and more of nothing, no resistance at all. I figured something probably wasn't right since the screw wasn't tight at all when I first started to loosen it.

Top Bottom