• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Hugs to you, man. My dad passed away Sept 10, 2018 - just shy of 6 months now.

That said, how awesome it was that you were so close and could share a passion with him! Remember and cherish those memories forever.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Your Dad sounds like a really great guy. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm glad you had some great times together. Spent more time fighting with mine than shooting with him.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Damn, that tore me up, I will be sure to call my dad tonight. Thank you for the reminder, I can't imagine the hurt. Praying for you and your family.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Very sorry for your loss. My dad's getting up there in years and you just have no idea how much time is left, when will be the last time, etc.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    My condolences and I can relate. My dad introduced me to firearms when I was 7-8 yrs old. He, too, was my shooting buddy. He died of cancer 40 years ago; however, I always think of him when I pick up a weapon and clear the action and make sure the weapon is not loaded. He always told me to clear the gun no matter what the instant I pick it up. To this day I can hear him say that to me. Now I say the same thing to my two sons. That’s what it is all about. Peace. Out.

Last edited:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I’m very sorry for your loss, prayers. My dad passed in 12/2005 and I don’t think a day has went by that I haven’t thought of him, the pain was raw for me for several years and then became a dull ache for several more years before I could think about him without hurting but I still miss him every single day.

Your dad sounds like he was an awesome man and you two had a great relationship, always remember how blessed you are!

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Your story reminds me of the good times hunting and shooting with my Grandpa and Dad. Grandpa passed in 1980, Dad in 2010. Miss them both, and I try to provide the same experiences with my sons and grandsons. Sorry for your loss and I hope you share the great times and memories with a youngster just getting started in the sport.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I was up at my dad's (again) today to work on a water heater. He was an electrician, and not very long ago he'd have done it himself. He's fading before my eyes.

He thinks I do a lot for him. I told him not too long ago that being able to do for him is one of the best blessings of my life. And to do things around the house for him is one of the best honors of my life. I can't possibly repay all that he's done for me.

I remember. I remember all of that overtime. I remember him coming home, tired, frustrated, and then putting up with a seriously mentally disturbed wife, and trying like hell to give two kids some semblance of a normal upbringing.
    And then walking the two blocks to his own parents' house. To fix the plumbing. Or wire a new light switch. Or help them put out their garden. Never thinking of the example he was setting.

Every time I see some idiot lament the current state of our society, I know what's missing. A dad.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Very sorry for your loss. Sounds like you have a lot of great memories. I still think of both of my parents daily, miss them both, but am thankful for all the memories.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    It Sucks! :xmad:
    They say that time heals all wounds. They're wrong. Time helps but there will always be that empty spot left in your chest.

It's hard to find good fathers these days. It sounds like you had a great one.

Top Bottom