• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdgdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    I have the same trouble with my wife cleaning up.I look high and low for something, cannot be found anywhere.THEN the wife asks what i'm looking for.2 min later she says here it is and all you had to do was ask.Key thing is to ask the wife.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Did you possibly lay it down on the bed and it got made up in the sheets?
    Could be down there keeping your feet warm at night like the dog.

Either that or the gun gnomes made off with it.

gun-gnome.jpg

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Maybe you need one of these for it?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Click-Wireless-Locator-Keyfinder-Batteries/dp/B001BK54RM]Amazon.com: Click 'n Dig! Key Finder Wireless RF Item Locator Remote Control, Pet, Wallet, Keyfinder. (Free Extra Batteries).: Electronics[/ame]

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    That is embarrasing to loose track of your firearm. A certain nameless man misplaced a firearm, and after lots of searching figured it was stolen from his car. He went down to the Police department and reported it stolen. About 3 months later, his 5 year old was playing with it in the back seat of the wife's car. It seems the man forgot and left it under the passenger seat of a car he rarely drives. Back to the police station to withdraw the stolen gun report. Three policemen explain how serious it is to leave a firearm laying around with small children. Lesson accepted and passed on to help prevent others from eating humble pie.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I found a Ruger SP101 in its holster last night after it was MIA for over a week. When I was looking for it, my wife advised that I should just go back to the last place where it was in my hand. She is real helpful....:rolleyes:

I was going to take the Harley for a ride last night and there it was laying on the seat. What do you think I was doing the last time it was in my hand?

Yup, I was riding the Harley...:)

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Never misplaced a gun but maybe that means I don't have enough guns to keep track of?

I've lost plenty of ammo though, usually found it within a month or when I got ammo to replace it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Never misplaced a gun but maybe that means I don't have enough guns to keep track of?

I think the key factor is that Woodrow's wife cleaned & rearranged things in the house.

I know that one year for Fathers Day my wife and daughter 'cleaned the garage' for me. They bought new shelving and totally rearranged everything. Over a year later I finally found a whole case of rifle and pistol magazines that were "missing" and I found them behind a seldom used tractor implement.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    go room to room and yell "olly olly oxinfree" :n00b:

i've done this a few times with my household gun, thought i put it one place but it was still where it was before i thought i moved it. ie bedside to desk to elsewhere.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I now remember that I stashed it somewhere before we went on a quick trip to Indianapolis. I took my Kimbers--one for me, one for the wife--and I stashed it somewhere. I couldn't decide whether to take the Kimber or the Springer. The Kimber won out, and now I'd imagine the Springer is sulking.

Not to mention that the wife told me that she often carries that one around the house when she is alone here, and after the cleaning and throwing so many things away (she wouldn't trash the gun) it is somewhere floating around this place. As soon as I stop looking, it will come rolling out like nothing happened.

Picking up a new (to me) 1911 tomorrow--another ridiculous stupid story that will hopefully have a happy ending--and wanted pictures of the whole clan. It will turn up soon.

Again, I can't seem to say this enough, I have no children, and no child has set foot in this house since the home inspector's babysitter cancelled before we signed the contract. I know, I know, lost gun, but it's my house, it's not like I left it...at...Jewel...wait a minute...damn!

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    It has finally come home!! My Springfield has finally returned itself safely to my meager collection of 1911s.

As I stated before, my wife did a thorough reorganizing, and the house is all the better for it, with the notable exception of my precious A1. Upon returning from work early this morning, what did I see, but my pistol sitting on top of the dresser. I shrieked (I really did shriek, and I'm not proud of it). I asked my wife where it had been. She smiled and that it had been tucked safely (unloaded, unmagazined, as it had just been cleaned) in the back of the top drawer. Now those of you who are married know who uses the top drawer, and what is stored therein, and I can assure you that none of my things ever end up in that space. Yep, the wife had stored my pistol in her underwear drawer.

Now, I don't know if this means that I need bigger guns, or she needs fewer clothes, but we'll chalk it up to chance or providence and leave such silly questions as that unasked. My gun has returned, safe and sound. I do wish I could say I lost it while doing something as cool as firing it from the seat of a Harley, as brother sloughfoot and his SP101, but no. My pistol was hidden amongst bras, socks, et al, in the one place in the house, the absolute only place in the house, I never frequent.

Thanks to all for well-wishes and suggestions. I am glad I am not alone in the Misplaced Firearms Department. Damn, I'm just pouring gasoline on the gun-grabbers' fire!

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Wait... Guns, bras, panties all in tue same place and you're complaining? You now need to go to Hooters, eat a basket of wings, then go to the range, shoot over 300 rounds, then check to see if your man card has come back yet. If not I need to hold onto all your firearms until it returns.

Top Bottom