• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMPULSE.ACTIONS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    There
    Ok, so I think I lost my wallet last night which I have never done before. I always know where my keys, wallet and phone are so this is making me a little sick.

I have taken care of the credit and bank cards already but am not sure what I need to do to get a new carry permit issued. Any help?

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Ok, so I think I lost my wallet last night which I have never done before. I always know where my keys, wallet and phone are so this is making me a little sick.

I have taken care of the credit and bank cards already but am not sure what I need to do to get a new carry permit issued. Any help?
    Go to the state police web site. ISP: Home
    The link should take you there. Click on firearms and duplicate which here is that link http://www.in.gov/icpr/webfile/formsdiv/53228.pdf
    Fill out the app and include the money and mail it to them. It's that easy. Hopefully this helps.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There's a FAQ entry with a link to the application and instructions on what to do. The FAQ is linked in my sig.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks guys. Until then do you guys think I will have any problem carrying if I was to get stopped and explain the lost permit?

Yes. You will have a problem. You must have your LTCH on you any time you're carrying. It's possible you would not be charged, but it's almost inconceivable that you wouldn't at least be arrested.

IC 35-47-2-1
    Carrying a handgun without a license or by person convicted of domestic battery
    Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b) and section 2 of this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body, except in the person's dwelling, on the person's property or fixed place of business, without a license issued under this chapter being in the person's possession.

IMPULSE.ACTIONS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    There
    Yes. You will have a problem. You must have your LTCH on you any time you're carrying. It's possible you would not be charged, but it's almost inconceivable that you wouldn't at least be arrested.

IC 35-47-2-1
    Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b) and section 2 of this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body, except in the person's dwelling, on the person's property or fixed place of business, without a license issued under this chapter being in the person's possession.

Thanks! Looks pretty cut and dry to me.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks! Looks pretty cut and dry to me.

Well, you'd think so, but some people have argued that "possession" just means that you have a license, not necessarily that it's "on or about your person". That's why I said you may not be charged. However, I don't see how the officer could do anything but doubt your claim. He would almost have to arrest you until it could be verified.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Thanks guys. Until then do you guys think I will have any problem carrying if I was to get stopped and explain the lost permit?

IC 35-47-2-1

You might ask ISP for the answer to that. While you cannot carry without a license, there is this, too.

IC 35-47-2-24
    Indictment or information; defendant's burden to prove exemption or license; arrest, effect of production of valid license, or establishment of exemption
    Sec. 24. (a) In an information or indictment brought for the enforcement of any provision of this chapter, it is not necessary to negate any exemption specified under this chapter, or to allege the absence of a license required under this chapter. The burden of proof is on the defendant to prove that he is exempt under section 2 of this chapter, or that he has a license as required under this chapter.
    (b) Whenever a person who has been arrested or charged with a violation of section 1 of this chapter presents a valid license to the prosecuting attorney or establishes that he is exempt under section 2 of this chapter, any prosecution for a violation of section 1 of this chapter shall be dismissed immediately, and all records of an arrest or proceedings following arrest shall be destroyed immediately.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.

ISP might be able to issue you something so that you can still carry... maybe give you your permit number, for example.

Just a thought.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom