• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Executive order #11490 covers this at the federal level already since the 70s. I think unless you live pretty far out government people will get your stuff if they want.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    This is an alternate ending to the story of the grasshopper and the ant. Rather than plan ahead like the ant, in this twisted reality the grasshopper kills the ants and steals their stores, ensuring not only that they have food and shelter but have also eliminated competition for scare resources in the future.

Don't doubt for a second these government grasshoppers won't kill you in a heartbeat for your food, shelter, and other preps. That's the only reason they will codify this, so that they can pretend they are acting under the color of law when they become lawless.

Ordinances like this are why when SHTF you will need to treat anyone not in your group as a potential enemy.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That happened way back during the big shootout in California that helped lead to the fabled assault weapon ban. During the gunfire, the poor police who didn't have a shotgun to knock the well vested shooters down ran into a nearby gun store and confiscated several AR-15s to use. I really felt sorry for the store owners, and at the same time couldn't believe that since the police didn't have shotguns to shoot slugs, why take AR15s when a good Remington or Savage in 30-06 would have done a nice job taking the shooters out.

Regardless, stuff was hitting the fan, police stole weapons.... I mean confiscated weapons to use.

Updating this post: Ok, I was informed that the police did return the weapons, sorry for my misinformation. Also my timing of the shootout was wrong as I was told it occured after the clinton stupidity. My apologies for my memory hickup.

Last edited:

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    Honestly , I don't think this will happen , first of all its Kentucky , second of all , There are way to many good ol' boys (cops and civvies) down there . Even if its in a big ol' city like Louisville . The ice storm several years ago(10+) , was almost like a zombie attack, but I still delivered a case Jim Beam and three tanks of propane to some buddies of mine down there .

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    This is an alternate ending to the story of the grasshopper and the ant. Rather than plan ahead like the ant, in this twisted reality the grasshopper kills the ants and steals their stores, ensuring not only that they have food and shelter but have also eliminated competition for scare resources in the future.

Don't doubt for a second these government grasshoppers won't kill you in a heartbeat for your food, shelter, and other preps. That's the only reason they will codify this, so that they can pretend they are acting under the color of law when they become lawless.

Ordinances like this are why when SHTF you will need to treat anyone not in your group as a potential enemy.

DING DING!!!! Brilliant! exactly right. all out of rep :(.

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    Honestly , I don't think this will happen , first of all its Kentucky , second of all , There are way to many good ol' boys (cops and civvies) down there . Even if its in a big ol' city like Louisville . The ice storm several years ago(10+) , was almost like a zombie attack, but I still delivered a case Jim Beam and three tanks of propane to some buddies of mine down there .
    Who said anything about Kentucky?:dunno: Pretty sure this is all in Colorado.

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    You misspelled "Colorado".

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't think them passing this law really matters. When we have a SHTF or TEOTWAWKI event, if there is any form of authority left, you don't think this will be done, law or no law? This is why you don't want too many people to know that you have a basement full of food, ammo, or whatever. It is going to be a race to see who gets to loot you first, the "authorities" or the roving gangs of looters.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    This is why you don't want too many people to know that you have a basement full of food, ammo, or whatever. It is going to be a race to see who gets to loot you first, the "authorities" or the roving gangs of looters.

The authorities already know you post in this forum. Crap... Now they are on to me too.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    That happened way back during the big shootout in California that helped lead to the fabled assault weapon ban. During the gunfire, the poor police who didn't have a shotgun to knock the well vested shooters down ran into a nearby gun store and confiscated several AR-15s to use. I really felt sorry for the store owners, and at the same time couldn't believe that since the police didn't have shotguns to shoot slugs, why take AR15s when a good Remington or Savage in 30-06 would have done a nice job taking the shooters out.

Regardless, stuff was hitting the fan, police stole weapons.... I mean confiscated weapons to use.

Just to give a little insight into that story...

I was in Houston for a summer in 2003 and I was visiting a store called Collector Firearms. They had one of those AR-15's. It came complete with the paperwork from the city (I think LA) that thanked the gun shop for use of the firearms and listed the serial number and everything.

Not saying that it makes it right, but the guns were worth about 3 times as much after the shooting.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think the katrina emergency was a good example, the city leadership gave the people bogus info on what to do then retired to a velvet lined fraidy hole to carp about what other levels of leadership should be doing. The first move by enforcement authority was to secure it's logistical base (walmart).

Top Bottom