• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Didn't go to the Louisville show, the few times I traveled more than 50 - 60 mile I was disappointed as I spent too much money and time and didn't find anything I couldn't purchase at local shows for the same or very close to the same money. I do attend almost all the Local (to me) shows at Lafayette, Lebanon, Tipton, Kokomo etc.. At all of the last shows I attended there were very good crowds.

I think the prices were fair, and in the last few shows I purchased a couple guns, ammo, AR parts and other misc. items for good prices. To me a gun show is somewhat like an auction, if you go to an auction (or gun show) to purchase a specific item, it is doubtful you will find exactly what you want at a good price. I go to gun shows to peruse everything there and try to sort out the "bargains" available. Son and I collect firearms and ammo so usually find something at a reasonable price. We also purchase a lot of powder and primers at a far lower cost than purchasing online and paying the hazardous shipping fees. Rarely do I pay the "asking" price for anything AND similar to an auction, have a limit in mind as to what I will pay. Doesn't make me sad to walk away if the price offered it too high. Can't blame the vendor as he may have too much in the firearm or item to sell at a reasonable price.

Sometimes vendors do take a loss to rid themselves of items that don't sell in a reasonable time, I do watch as many vendors display at many of the local shows, so know when they have displayed an item for a year or two, often a reasonable offer will be accepted for those items. I am 76 and have yet to attend a Gun Show and not see or learn something new. Son and I attend most shows together and have a good time whether we buy a lot or nothing. I think there are enough people like me that would rather attend a gun show for entertainment than play golf or other activities that we will keep the shows healthy.
    [h=2][/h]

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I think the prices were fair, and in the last few shows I purchased a couple guns, ammo, AR parts and other misc. items for good prices. To me a gun show is somewhat like an auction, if you go to an auction (or gun show) to purchase a specific item, it is doubtful you will find exactly what you want at a good price. I go to gun shows to peruse everything there and try to sort out the "bargains" available. Son and I collect firearms and ammo so usually find something at a reasonable price. We also purchase a lot of powder and primers at a far lower cost than purchasing online and paying the hazardous shipping fees. Rarely do I pay the "asking" price for anything AND similar to an auction, have a limit in mind as to what I will pay. Doesn't make me sad to walk away if the price offered it too high. Can't blame the vendor as he may have too much in the firearm or item to sell at a reasonable price.

Good point, price alone is the not the only factor, Value is another. I have seen guys who have paid a higher price for an item because they respected and liked the value added from the dealer or LGS. Mind you these are big burly men, Guys who squeeze a nickle till both the Indian and the buffalo weeps and name the moths in their pocket books.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I didn't go, but my Dad did. I don't know about you guys saying there were no loading components or no deals to be had...he scored 1,400 primers for $15.00 which is a smoking deal. He also finally found a set of grips for an uncommon pistol he owns and was happy about that. He bought me some 6.5 Carcano ammo, Carcano en-bloc clips, and a big bag of other assorted stripper clips as a package deal all for $20. There are very good prices to be had if you know what you are looking at and are willing to actually LOOK and TALK with people. It seems like some just expect the deals to leap off the table and into their bags and are disappointed when it doesn't happen. Oh well, just means easier pickings me or Dad or indy1919a4 :)

Top Bottom