• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I love the idea of low light shooting, BUT personally (just my two cents here) I'd like to work on shooting with night sights. Have you given any thought to low level backlighting the silhouettes and adding an additional category for night sights (no flashlight). There are a lot of manufacturers now that are selling their weapons with night sights and it's a little more "realistic" as training for carry. As I said, just my two cents...:):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I love the idea of low light shooting, BUT personally (just my two cents here) I'd like to work on shooting with night sights. Have you given any thought to low level backlighting the silhouettes and adding an additional category for night sights (no flashlight). There are a lot of manufacturers now that are selling their weapons with night sights and it's a little more "realistic" as training for carry. As I said, just my two cents...:):

How is that more realistic? Night sights are not a replacement for a white light and a white light is not a replacement for night sights. Both of them are integral parts of a complete carry package. Learning how to manage a light and use it effectively in situations where you need it is very realistic. A lot of people learn how to use their lights, practice with them, and carry them all the time.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    How is that more realistic? Night sights are not a replacement for a white light and a white light is not a replacement for night sights. Both of them are integral parts of a complete carry package. Learning how to manage a light and use it effectively in situations where you need it is very realistic. A lot of people learn how to use their lights, practice with them, and carry them all the time.

I am having a holster made with this in mind. Wanted a holster to wear for classes. Now to find the classes.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    Thanks Coach and Parabellum for putting this match on. This gave us a real opportunity to practice low light shooting and see what it would be like to shoot in low light. The challenges are greater than you might think, as there is mussel blast, smoke and juggling the light to deal with. I will look forward to the next one!!

Top Bottom