• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B00MSTICK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Central Indiana
    start off by saying hi to all you INGO users, just joined today. I'm looking to getting back into shooting. I've had a few different firearms over the years and am just recently in a position to start scratching the itch i'm getting on my trigger finger. I just came across a tisas .45 1911 model that I'm thinking of picking up and am wondering if anyone has any hands on experience with this manufacturer? I know a lot of people will bash it for being a cheap gun, but I don't want to throw a lot of money at something I'm only going to be taking to the range once every couple of months.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Welcome to INGO. I am not familiar with the brand. I know that the 1911's made in the Phillipines are good bang for the buck...

To get a real INGO welcome be sure and head over to the political forum and say you thought Bush was a pretty good president or that Libertarians waste their votes.
    Nice Avatar and welcome aboard.

Jerry45Acp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    in the country
    The Tisas .45Acp 1911 is made in Turkey. The shotguns now coming out of Turkey are too numerous to count. Most of them are good to excellent quality. The Tisas should be a good pistol to get you started back in the world of firearms, without breaking the bank.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    If that model doesn't work out for you check out the Rock Islands, Made in the Philippines, Customer service is in Nevada, I have 2 and love them. You can generally get them for $500 or less.

B00MSTICK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Central Indiana
    If that model doesn't work out for you check out the Rock Islands, Made in the Philippines, Customer service is in Nevada, I have 2 and love them. You can generally get them for $500 or less.

I've come across a few, I liked the way they handled but haven't seen any used lately. Friend of mine has one thats shoots pretty good

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Welcome to INGO. I am not familiar with the brand. I know that the 1911's made in the Phillipines are good bang for the buck...

To get a real INGO welcome be sure and head over to the political forum and say you thought Bush was a pretty good president or that Libertarians waste their votes.
    Nice Avatar and welcome aboard.

Bush? Obama is the best president of all time!

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Look into a hi point in .45. There's actually one for sale here for $300 that comes with a holster and other cool stuff. You could probably get the gun for $200 though. those hi points sell pretty cheap. I have one in 9mm and it shoots fine no problems.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    On a budget one thing to consider is the price of ammo. 45 is going to be more expensive to shoot. Truthfully I can find 40 right now as reasonable as anything. 9mm is traditionally the go to for less expensive shooting.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    looking to drop around $600 get a couple of boxes of ammo and some spare mags in the deal also. Pretty much have my heart set on a 1911 style

I have read some very good reviews of the Tisas. If that's what you have your eye on then go for it. People will always tell you to save more to get the gun THEY want.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    With your budget, a used Springfield Armory 1911 would be a great choice. Doesn't matter how many owners were before you, they carry lifetime warranty and customer service. Their custom shop has done some awesome work for me as well. Several platforms of 1911's also.

Top Bottom