• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Where do you find, locally preferred, low recoil/managed recoil/reduced recoil shotgun ammo for sporting? Not the High Dollar LE or any hunting stuff. Just the cheaper run of the mill factory ammo. No, I do not load, either.

I have not seen anything local and struggle to find it on line. Maybe I expect it to be available and all these other guys load it themselves.:dunno:

Edit-Most economical I have found is Remington STS Low Recoil at $13.00/25

Last edited:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Where did you find those low recoil Remington shells? I did know rural king do/did carry low recoil shells...haven't checked in a while. My sisters do not like the regular shells, so low recoil for them.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    So, you want to find shotgun shells that not many folks would be interested in buying, at your local sporting goods outlet, for "cheap"? Ain't gonna happen.

Fast-Good-Cheap ... Pick any two. In your case, substitute "Convenient" for "Fast".

You want a specialty product for a really affordable price? MEC

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If you ever find them, Fiocchi has a line of low recoil one 1oz shells that are amazing. Very light recoil AND they pattern well. They still have enough power to work a 391 Beretta semi auto. They are in clear hulls, so it is pretty cool to look at the assembled shell's components

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    What are you looking for, bird shot, 00 buck, slugs?
    These will be used for sporting clays and trap. In a pump shotgun wielded by a petite girl.

I have an old 20 gauge that would break her shoulder. I just don't find it amusing. 12ga Rem 870 is doable, but not an entire round of sporting clays (even trap is a bit much, usually gets 2 rounds in and done-would probably stop at 1 if I didn't ask her if she wanted to go again). I do not want to modify the gun since I will be using it also and I cannot justify a specialty gun just for her that she will outgrow in no time.

zinx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Castleton
    I'm a little late to this thread, but here is my advice, get some 1 oz, 2 3/4 dram shells. They are light loads and will still break every bird. Nobelsport makes a great shell for her. Gamaliel Shooting Supply : NobelSport LR1 Low Recoil 12ga. Shotshells

Since moving to an Auto is not an option, putting a Kickeez or some other recoil reducing pad will help too and it won't interfere with your needs.

Realistically though, if she is going to be shooting sporting clays more often, a pump starts to become a real hindrance.

Top Bottom