• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    I recently bought a used dpms lr- 308 . I shoots well enough but strings a little left and right from the bench . I would like to change trigger to something a little better. Its gritty and pulls hard( I am guessing six pounds or so). Any recommendations?

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I put a $100 RRA two stage trigger in my DPMS LR308 and am perfectly happy. But I have this trigger in all of my AR rifles. I have never tasted the magic that the Geissele must bring to the AR pattern rifle. I am a simple person. Uneducated. Probably somewhat crude. But I have found that fast lock time is something to strive for. Along with a predictable release of the hammer.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    If budget is an issue I would give this one from AIM Surplus a try. I've been happy with anything I have tried with the AIM brand. I doubt it will match a Geissele but it is about 1/3 the price.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've got that Rock River Arms National Match 2-stage trigger in a couple of AR's and like it a lot.
    I've never tried a Timmeny, or Geisle, or Larue, or ...

bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    I am expecting to get a Geissele 2 stage in the mail on Mon. Brownelles had a sale a few days ago. For $160 I thought that I better try it!

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    another +1 from me on the geissele. I have a few older mccormick drop in triggers and those are fantastic as well. If you are on a budget i have heard the rock river match triggers arent bad either. You could also order some springs from JP rifles to improve on your stock trigger without switching everything out

Top Bottom