Lt. Col. Terry Lakin stripped of his constitutional defense.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moses

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Farmersburg, In.
    well if manning can't get on fox or any of the others how the hell am i supposed to. if given the chance i would raise the question. what power do we have legally other than to vote. he insults the "pinic" last saturday which i believe is just the beginning. nice how everyone wants to jump on beck for what he did'nt do or did'nt say. lets not give him any credit for what he did do. sounds like terry lakin is getting hosed. the lib media is making anyone who dares to ask about the birth cert out to be nuts and worse. they have been so successful that even fox does'nt want to go near it. we need to get bo out and let the subpoenas fly. as long as he controls the whitehouse the congress and the doj we don't stand a chance. november we need to send odumba a message loud and clear. "were mad as hell and not going to take it anymore" there are going to be a lot of wrongs to be made right, i believe becks rally to be as good as any to start.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    I wasn't really posting it for his views on the rally just for the case itself. Glenn Beck had a very nice rally and I am sure changed the hearts and minds of all kinds of people. I didn't go but it seemed like a truly inspirational and loving time. I think glenn beck did good with this rally. I do however feel like he is a republican shill that will lead us in the wrong direction at the end of the day when push comes to shove. I mean wouldn't you for 50 million. Beck/Palin=more wars=bigger police state

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I wasn't really posting it for his views on the rally just for the case itself. Glenn Beck had a very nice rally and I am sure changed the hearts and minds of all kinds of people. I didn't go but it seemed like a truly inspirational and loving time. I think glenn beck did good with this rally. I do however feel like he is a republican shill that will lead us in the wrong direction at the end of the day when push comes to shove. I mean wouldn't you for 50 million. Beck/Palin=more wars=bigger police state

I was listening to Glen Beck for a few years before he got the TV gigs; he didn't sound a whole lot different from other libertarian-types, except that because he rediscovered his religion thru AA and dealing with addictions, he tends to take a more spiritual direction than others like Mike Church or Michael Savich. Even Rush Limbaugh lambastes the Republicans when they move toward bigger government, although he's a Republican supporter otherwise. Without knowing any of these guys personally, I'm not sure anyone can say what's in their hearts as opposed to what they say. But that's true for me and you all as well.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Mike Church and Andrew Wilkow are the only 2 talk radio guys I can stand to listen to any more. I catch a replay of Wilkow on the way home from work. I seldom get to listen to Church any more. He's the best.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    This was inevitable. It's a case that will be settled in the appeals courts, not the trial level, and was always destined to be that way.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    This was inevitable. It's a case that will be settled in the appeals courts, not the trial level, and was always destined to be that way.

Not quite. It's a case that will be settled when this traitor goes to prison.

Look, I don't like anything about BHO. I don't like that he grew up learning to hate America. I don't like his leftist policies. I don't like his elitist attitude. I don't like his choice for a dog. I don't like that he was elected President. But he was. We need to suck it up and live with it, cause it isn't going to change.

SCOTUS rightfully has determined that the Courts are not the proper venue for determining BHO's legitimacy. The impeachment process is. Until impeached and removed, BHO is President, and therefore Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces.

The bottom line is that this doctor has orders that he is refusing to follow. He's not a hero, he's a traitor. Military officers don't get to pick and choose the orders they want to follow or disobey. What's the next reason for the next officer going to be to refuse orders to deploy?

All the whining about birth certificates makes conservatives look like the libtards did in 2000. In 2000, we won. This time, we didn't. It's seriously time we get over it and start focusing on removing BHO the second way available to us - by voting him out of office and sending him back to the political cespool he came from.

It's a lawful order. He should follow it. Everything else is crap.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Not quite. It's a case that will be settled when this traitor goes to prison.

Look, I don't like anything about BHO. I don't like that he grew up learning to hate America. I don't like his leftist policies. I don't like his elitist attitude. I don't like his choice for a dog. I don't like that he was elected President. But he was. We need to suck it up and live with it, cause it isn't going to change.

SCOTUS rightfully has determined that the Courts are not the proper venue for determining BHO's legitimacy. The impeachment process is. Until impeached and removed, BHO is President, and therefore Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces.

The bottom line is that this doctor has orders that he is refusing to follow. He's not a hero, he's a traitor. Military officers don't get to pick and choose the orders they want to follow or disobey. What's the next reason for the next officer going to be to refuse orders to deploy?

All the whining about birth certificates makes conservatives look like the libtards did in 2000. In 2000, we won. This time, we didn't. It's seriously time we get over it and start focusing on removing BHO the second way available to us - by voting him out of office and sending him back to the political cespool he came from.

It's a lawful order. He should follow it. Everything else is crap.

That's a bunch of hogwash and you know it. If the President of the United States really wasn't a natural born citizen, the courts are wrong for refusing to intervene. Given the ambiguity of the evidence, the courts should examine it, but they won't, because they're cowards. This should have been resolved before he was even allowed to take the oath of office.

That said, I think the Colonel in question is in for a long prison sentence, and rightfully so. What he did was stupid.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    That's a bunch of hogwash and you know it. If the President of the United States really wasn't a natural born citizen, the courts are wrong for refusing to intervene. Given the ambiguity of the evidence, the courts should examine it, but they won't, because they're cowards. This should have been resolved before he was even allowed to take the oath of office.

That said, I think the Colonel in question is in for a long prison sentence, and rightfully so. What he did was stupid.

Haven't you started school yet? I'll help you out since you probaby don't start until after Labor Day.

You've got a lot to learn. In America courts don't examine things because of ambiguity of evidence. You're thinking of France. Or Grand Juries. American courts take facts properly presented in evidence and render judgment based upon those facts.

There's also this pesky little thing they'll teach you about called Standing. Take lots of notes that day. Even if the Courts were sympathetic, who can establish Standing to bring an action? No one.

The qualifications to be President are contained in the Constitution. The circumstances and process to remove an elected President are contained in the Constitution. The Courts don't play a role in either, although the Chief Justice of the SCOTUS would preside over any trial brought about through impeachment.

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

The courts have no jurisdiction over this matter. Barack Obama was elected President, period. There is no mechanism in our system whereby the courts can remove an elected president. They don't have the power. A president elected and sworn in can only be removed by impeachment.

There is no other way.

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    So... if the president orders the US military to fire upon US citizens... that's okay as well? Are you saying it would be wrong for the soldier to object to that order? How many of you would return fire or subjugate?

Are you actually naive enough to believe there are NO politics in our judicial system?? (Kagan) When does school start?? :rolleyes: I can't believe you think we should be sitting back and shutting our mouths because that sham of a man was elected (no matter how corruptly). The mechanism is fraud and lack of proof IS proof. If courts only took cases that were set in stone, our court system would have hardly any work.

The doctor is correct in his actions. He has a responsibility to himself and his country. This is the first time in my life that I know of ANY president being questioned about his citizenship. Why won't he just provide the proof??? Does it benefit him in any way to keep it in question?

Some of your answers just plain confound me. :n00b:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    So... if the president orders the US military to fire upon US citizens... that's okay as well? Are you saying it would be wrong for the soldier to object to that order? How many of you would return fire or subjugate?

Are you actually naive enough to believe there are NO politics in our judicial system?? (Kagan) When does school start?? :rolleyes: I can't believe you think we should be sitting back and shutting our mouths because that sham of a man was elected (no matter how corruptly). The mechanism is fraud and lack of proof IS proof. If courts only took cases that were set in stone, our court system would have hardly any work.

The doctor is correct in his actions. He has a responsibility to himself and his country. This is the first time in my life that I know of ANY president being questioned about his citizenship. Why won't he just provide the proof??? Does it benefit him in any way to keep it in question?

Some of your answers just plain confound me. :n00b:

Welcome new guy.

President ordering the military to fire on US citizens? You're changing the subject, but I'll play for a moment. What are the circumstances? Are they armed and directing an attack against our country? Hell yes I would fire on any enemy, foreign or domestic. Without question. Do they want me to disarm citizens? Can't do it. Oathkeeper.

Politics has nothing to do with anything. I respect the Constitution all the time, not just when it suits me. This guy ran. He convinced more people to vote for him than the other guy. I don't like it. I didn't vote for him. But he is the President of my country just the same. That's the way it works. 50% of the people are going to be disappointed by whomever the choice is every time. I hope it changes in two years, but until then, it is what it is. I'm over it.

He doesn't have to prove anything to you, me, or anyone else unless and until he's impeached. That's not likely going to happen so yeah, it's time to get over it.

The doctor has an obligation to carry out lawful orders. He is failing to do that. That makes him a traitor, not a hero.

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Thanks for the welcome.

I'm not changing the subject. Would it matter the reason... you will still have to decide whether it is true or not. Will you shoot a neighbor because obama said he was your enemy?

Politics has everything to do with it! Politics can get you killed if you aren't informed. I have worked within the 'elite' and elected before. Most of them consider us trifle. Don't be blind about that! I continually question their authority over me because I do not want to become a subject. I will not lie down and take it. We must have a government to ward off anarchy but a government well watched by her people. This 'president' has hurt America far more than many know (or will admit).

By the way... he does have to prove it. And by not proving it, the doctor has a right to question it. I'm not saying he's a hero, I'm saying he's in the right. Even when I was in the military, I didn't follow blindly. That would be for fools.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    The doctor has an obligation to carry out lawful orders. He is failing to do that. That makes him a traitor, not a hero.

Horsecrap. If he truly feels that the President isn't legally qualified to hold office, he has a duty to challenge him, and disobeying the orders of a man not legally qualified to hold office is itself treason.

And simply getting more votes than the other guy is NOT legal qualification for office. Any service member who would follow the orders of someone merely on that basis is the true traitor.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Horsecrap. If he truly feels that the President isn't legally qualified to hold office, he has a duty to challenge him, and disobeying the orders of a man not legally qualified to hold office is itself treason.

And simply getting more votes than the other guy is NOT legal qualification for office. Any service member who would follow the orders of someone merely on that basis is the true traitor.

Even allowing for a moment that your conspiracy theory is correct, he's not disobeying an order from the President. He's disobeying an order from his Batallion Commander, Brigade Commander, Corps Commander, Centcom Commander, the Army Chief of Staff, the Secretary of Defense, and a whole bunch of other people who are authorized by Congress to tell him what to do. So I'm sorry but the attempt to tie a birth certificate to willful dereliction of duty holds no water.

The guy was sworn in as President. He is President. He will remain President until one of a) his term expires, b) he dies in office, c) he is impeached. Those are the only three ways it ends. All the other tin foil hat conspiracy talk makes us look like tweakers.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Thanks for the welcome.

I'm not changing the subject. Would it matter the reason... you will still have to decide whether it is true or not. Will you shoot a neighbor because obama said he was your enemy?

Politics has everything to do with it! Politics can get you killed if you aren't informed. I have worked within the 'elite' and elected before. Most of them consider us trifle. Don't be blind about that! I continually question their authority over me because I do not want to become a subject. I will not lie down and take it. We must have a government to ward off anarchy but a government well watched by her people. This 'president' has hurt America far more than many know (or will admit).

By the way... he does have to prove it. And by not proving it, the doctor has a right to question it. I'm not saying he's a hero, I'm saying he's in the right. Even when I was in the military, I didn't follow blindly. That would be for fools.

No, I don't have to decide if it's true. I have to resolve that it's a lawful order. Military personnel don't get to pick and choose the orders they want to, or don't want to follow. They don't get to choose their leaders, although sometimes it would have been nice to.

I don't disagree with anything you said in your second paragraph. The only thing I would say is that it is not germane to the issue of legitimacy.

And no, he doesn't have to prove anything. He was sworn in as President. He is the President. Case closed. Unless he's impeached (unlikely) or dies in office that fact will remain true for two more years, at which time I hope Americans come to their senses and elect a different President.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Sorry guys. SemperFI is correct. A military soldier doesn't get to pick and choose about obeying LAWFUL ORDERS, of which group deployment orders is one. Obeying an order to fire on US citizens MAY be a lawful order, depending upon circumstances (ROE to shoot looters or rioters, if shot at, for example). By military regulation, US Code, and the UCMJ, each soldier must decide if an order is lawful; if it is not, he is obliged to disobey it to the best of his ability. However, in this case, the deployment order was legitimate (as it was for MAJ Hasan at Ft. Hood) and his choice to disobey orders is resulting in a Court Martial. I don't believe Courts Martial get judicial review in Federal Courts either, except perhaps in cases where the death penalty is levied.

Most likely outcome for the LTC is dishonorable discharge or discharge under other than honorable circumstances.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Sorry guys. SemperFI is correct. A military soldier doesn't get to pick and choose about obeying LAWFUL ORDERS, of which group deployment orders is one. Obeying an order to fire on US citizens MAY be a lawful order, depending upon circumstances (ROE to shoot looters or rioters, if shot at, for example). By military regulation, US Code, and the UCMJ, each soldier must decide if an order is lawful; if it is not, he is obliged to disobey it to the best of his ability. However, in this case, the deployment order was legitimate (as it was for MAJ Hasan at Ft. Hood) and his choice to disobey orders is resulting in a Court Martial. I don't believe Courts Martial get judicial review in Federal Courts either, except perhaps in cases where the death penalty is levied.

Most likely outcome for the LTC is dishonorable discharge or discharge under other than honorable circumstances.

Any courts martial resulting in a BCD or worse discharge, penalty of death, confinement of a year or more, or dismissal of an officer are automatically reviewed by the Courts of Criminal Appeals run by each service. Any courts martial can be appealed to the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces (on tier with the other circuits, but less well known because they only hear military cases), and then on to the SCOTUS.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    So it's a non-issue because the cowards in charge say it is.

And no one has standing unless those same cowards say they have standing.

Funny how the BS stacks so high.

BHO isn't likely even a citizen, let alone a natural-born one, let alone one free of dual-nationality IF his lineage is what "the official story" claims.

Y'all are funny.

Top Bottom