• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    So I decided I wanted to get my LTCH and applied last night online. I scheduled my fingerprinting for noon today. I get to the place, which turns out to be some sort of random drug testing place. I walk in and the place is packed so it takes about 35 minutes or so before the 1 lady there can help me, the whole time I 'm thinking please don't let someone I know walk buy and see me in here. But I get it done and now I'm off to the Police Dept.

I get to the PD, which is the size of a closet, lol, the dispatch chick behind the desk is busy, apparently a giant dog has an officer pinned in his car, she finally gets a minute to help me out. I tell her what I need, give her my information and she stares off for a second. She says I think your county let me ask the Chief. She asks, he's not sure, so she calls over to county. Well county has no clue (I guess they're doing some restructuring or something) so the this lady and whomever she is talking with spend the next 1/2 hour or so trying to decide who I belong to. Finally it's decided I'm city and the PD can process my info. The whole time she's trying to get whoever needs to be where to deal with this giant dog.

Nothing amazing. I just found the day to be somewhat humorous and thought I would share. Today will be worth it once I get my pretty pink paper. :rockwoot:
    Wow! I'm glad I live in Beech Grove. I did the "paperwork" online, went to the BGPD the next day, gave the secretary my application number, she printed it out, I signed it and gave her the fees, and she fingerprinted me.

Total time from entering the building until exiting the building? 10 minutes.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Isn't it as simple as... if you live within city limits, you are PD, if you live outside of city limits, you go to the sheriff? Thats the way it was for me and all my friends...

And what is L1 site?

L1 (L1 Identity Solutions) is a company subcontracted to the state that allows LTCH applicants to fast-track their background checks. I believe it's a $12.95 fee to use them, and you get your LTCH in 1-2 weeks instead of 3 months like it takes doing it the traditional way.

You can take advantage of this by filling out your application online. It will prompt you as to whether you want to use L1, and you pay the fee and the state LTCH portion of the fee and schedule an appointment. Once this is done, you go down to your local PD or sheriff and they do their end of the paperwork. You pay their portion of the fee to them directly.

The background check is the bottleneck at the Indiana State Police, so paying the extra money to use L1 (they do the background check and send results to ISP) gets you your license MUCH faster.

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    Isn't it as simple as... if you live within city limits, you are PD, if you live outside of city limits, you go to the sheriff? Thats the way it was for me and all my friends...

And what is L1 site?

I knew I lived within city limits which is why I went to the PD. The city recently and is finishing some re-zoning. I think this might have been where the confusion came in to play.:dunno:

Twiggsx1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011
    Indy
    not to jump on someones thread, but im still waiting after going through L1 and going down to the city county building its been about 2 to 3 weeks now is that about avg, waiting at this point?

Top Bottom