• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I applied for my license on the 27th and got through the application, fingerprints, and state fees. The lady at the front desk of the Whitestown police department told me that her license took six months to get it. When I go to the isp website to check my status, it says it is pending local approval. How long does this stage of the application usually take?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Heck, I already have a lifetime LTCH and just needed to change my address and get a duplicate and I've been waiting since October 3.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Heck, I already have a lifetime LTCH and just needed to change my address and get a duplicate and I've been waiting since October 3.

I'm curious as to why you felt the need to get a duplicate. Just fax the change of address form to ISP and you're good.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm curious as to why you felt the need to get a duplicate. Just fax the change of address form to ISP and you're good.
    True. For me, I recently moved and want my driver's license address to match my LTCH address. I've never ever had to show my LTCH but if I do I don't want to give the police any reason to question why the two don't add up. Just trying to avoid extra hassle. Maybe it will help.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    True. For me, I recently moved and want my driver's license address to match my LTCH address. I've never ever had to show my LTCH but if I do I don't want to give the police any reason to question why the two don't add up. Just trying to avoid extra hassle. Maybe it will help.

I get it, but when police run your DL they can see that you have a LTCH. As long as the addresses both match in the computer you should be GTG. At least that's my understanding.

Now if you've updated your DL address but not the one in the ISP database for the LTCH, then you might get hassled.

cziemer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2015
    Monticello
    I think it really depends on the local law enforcement that you submit it to. Chief LEO might only look at them one day a week, then they might only transmit (fax, email, snail mail? who knows) one other day a week. This is all speculation, but it would make sense to me, i.e. they only run the checks on Tuesdays, then the Chief only signs them on Thursdays, and they get sent in on the following Monday. Not the most efficient methods, but it seems typical of smaller town PD's to me. Mine only lets you submit your Application for LTCH between 11A-2:30P and 4P-6:30P 4 days a week, so my guess is they're really time managed when it comes to specific activities. YMMV.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I think it really depends on the local law enforcement that you submit it to. Chief LEO might only look at them one day a week, then they might only transmit (fax, email, snail mail? who knows) one other day a week. This is all speculation, but it would make sense to me, i.e. they only run the checks on Tuesdays, then the Chief only signs them on Thursdays, and they get sent in on the following Monday. Not the most efficient methods, but it seems typical of smaller town PD's to me. Mine only lets you submit your Application for LTCH between 11A-2:30P and 4P-6:30P 4 days a week, so my guess is they're really time managed when it comes to specific activities. YMMV.
    That makes sense. I just bought my carry gun, so I am itching to get my license. It can't come fast enough.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I get it, but when police run your DL they can see that you have a LTCH. As long as the addresses both match in the computer you should be GTG. At least that's my understanding.

Now if you've updated your DL address but not the one in the ISP database for the LTCH, then you might get hassled.

Yep. Still might want to get a dupe with the correct address as insurance against ignorant officers. A couple months back I had a Westfield PD officer ask during a traffic stop if all of my addresses were correct (DL/Registration/LTCH) and then sternly warned me that if my LTCH address on my pink permission slip wasnt current/accurate I would be going to jail that day. :ugh: Thats right, not the address in the ISP database, but the address on the card I was carrying had to be current according to him.:n00b: Luckily for me it was current and accurate.

Never underestimate the power of ignorance. :n00b:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yep. Still might want to get a dupe with the correct address as insurance against ignorant officers. A couple months back I had a Westfield PD officer ask during a traffic stop if all of my addresses were correct (DL/Registration/LTCH) and then sternly warned me that if my LTCH address on my pink permission slip wasnt current/accurate I would be going to jail that day. :ugh: Thats right, not the address in the ISP database, but the address on the card I was carrying had to be current according to him.:n00b: Luckily for me it was current and accurate.

Never underestimate the power of ignorance. :n00b:

...and this is why Kirk suggested it.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield

The way I look at it to many LEO's think it's illegal to open carry so the last thing I want is to have one that thinks its illegal to not have a LTCH on you.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The way I look at it to many LEO's think it's illegal to open carry so the last thing I want is to have one that thinks its illegal to not have a LTCH on you.

Fair enough, but I'm not suggesting you shouldn't carry the pink paper with you, just that the addresses aren't that big of a deal as long as you've notified ISP.

If you're truly worried you could print out the change of address section from the ISP website and present it to the officer if he's not fully informed of the law.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom