• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cositc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Martinsville
    Hey i was wanting to know if i could apply for my LTCH before I turn 18 so the paper work can be filled before hand. (I know i probally cant but just wanted to run it past you guys just in case.) I will be 18 in 12 days, can't wait.
    P.S.
    I know my profile says im 18 but i always put it up one year.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I doubt it. Wait the twelve days to apply. The statute doesn't say that people 17 years and 353 days old can apply, only 18 and over :D

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I believe you have to be 18 for them to even take your paperwork. But likes was said before, give it a try. If nothing else, they would at least have the information on you...LOL

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I would doubt they would allow that. However, I would just like to say how proud we are of you for taking responsibility for your own safety as soon as you turn 18.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    You're gonna have to wait a couple months for it anyways.. You may as well wait the 12 days then apply and call down to the pd and set up an appointment to get printed.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    You should be able to apply when you're 17. Then as soon as you turn 18, they can put the license in the mail. It isn't possible to get your license as soon as you turn 18, because they take 2-3 months to process the license. It sucks.

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    Don't try it you will most likely get denied then have to reapply it takes long enough as it is you don't want to double that time do you?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I doubt it. Wait the twelve days to apply. The statute doesn't say that people 17 years and 353 days old can apply, only 18 and over :D

Actually I just went and checked, I can't find anything about the age to apply. Just that a license shall not be issued if they are under 18. I doubt they would go for it but it might be worth calling the ISP firearms division and see what they say. :dunno:

IC 35-47-2-3
    Application for license to carry handgun; procedure
    (g) A license to carry a handgun shall not be issued to any person who:
    (1) has been convicted of a felony;
    (2) has had a license to carry a handgun suspended, unless the person's license has been reinstated;
    (3) is under eighteen (18) years of age;
    And here's the number for the ISP licensing division. 317-233-5054

You're gonna have to wait a couple months for it anyways.. You may as well wait the 12 days then apply and call down to the pd and set up an appointment to get printed.

He said he was going to do it online and the L1 prints (if I read his other post correctly) that might only take a week or so, iirc a couple people on this site have gotten it in 3-5 days.

Top Bottom