LTCH: Can your signature be outside of the lamination?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SouthBendIN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Hey everyone. My brother and Uncle just received their IN LTCH in the mail. I took both of them to work today to laminate the LTCHs for them. Right after I got done with my brothers I realized that they weren't signed. Do they have to be signed (probably a dumb question)? Is it OK if their signatures are outside of the lamination? Thanks.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Ball point does not work well or stick, you could use a new
    sharpie fine point permanent marker and then re-laminate.

Test this first before you try it, it will work with some laminations - not others.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Just cut the lamination off and do it over again after they sign.

The lamination I use does not just seal the edges but glues itself to the entire sheet.

You cannot peel it off it will destroy the print on the stock and destroy the license.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The lamination I use does not just seal the edges but glues itself to the entire sheet.

You cannot peel it off it will destroy the print on the stock and destroy the license.

OP, in the future, don't use the kind of lamination printcraft uses - sounds unforgiving if you ask me. :):

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    My dad did the same thing. He just stuck a piece of masking tape on it & signed the tape. He said he talked to a cop about it & was told that it would be fine...but we all know how that works. :rolleyes:

Anyway, IMHO, it should still be OK if it's not signed. They have the number & they can verify it's still valid on their computer system. Heck, even if you don't have it on you you'll still be OK later when you prove you have a valid LTCH so the simple fact it's just not signed shouldn't mean much.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    My dad did the same thing. He just stuck a piece of masking tape on it & signed the tape. He said he talked to a cop about it & was told that it would be fine...but we all know how that works. :rolleyes:

Anyway, IMHO, it should still be OK if it's not signed. They have the number & they can verify it's still valid on their computer system. Heck, even if you don't have it on you you'll still be OK later when you prove you have a valid LTCH so the simple fact it's just not signed shouldn't mean much.
    They have a number they can call to check my vehicle registration too, but I still get a ticket if it's not signed...

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    They have a number they can call to check my vehicle registration too, but I still get a ticket if it's not signed...

That's because the vehicle registration code says that the registration must be signed.

I can't find anywhere in the IC that says the LTCH HAS to be signed to be valid. If you can show me anything differently please do.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    just scan it and reprint on another piece of pink paper. lol
    re-laminate after signing

That just might work if you can get it to look right. I made several copies on pink paper BEFORE I signed it so there would be an original signature on each one. I also scanned it and stored it just in case. I realize its a little too late for that though! Good luck!

Top Bottom