• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Correct. The guy told me he was "recommending a denial."

Yea, his recommendation carries the same weight as a pile of :poop: as it relates to "shall issue."

Apply again, with your criminal record present, and ask for clarification why you are not a "proper" person as it relates to their idiotic "recommendation."

Pay your fees, do your prints, and watch your mailbox. Unless there's more to this story, it appears this is just a case of an idiot barely qualified to flip burgers, much less process LTCH apps.

Never forget in regards to this process, they work for you. Their personal opinions mean nothing; that they are there to do a job, in which people in greater power than they decided long ago how it is to be done. It might help to take in the statutes of the approval process, just in case they weren't properly trained. ;)

Here are those statutes:

Indiana Code 35-47-2

lucky3031

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Evansville
    Yea, his recommendation carries the same weight as a pile of :poop: as it relates to "shall issue."

Apply again, with your criminal record present, and ask for clarification why you are not a "proper" person as it relates to their idiotic "recommendation."

Pay your fees, do your prints, and watch your mailbox. Unless there's more to this story, it appears this is just a case of an idiot barely qualified to flip burgers, much less process LTCH apps.

Never forget in regards to this process, they work for you. Their personal opinions mean nothing; that they are there to do a job, in which people in greater power than they decided long ago how it is to be done. It might help to take in the statutes of the approval process, just in case they weren't properly trained. ;)

Here are those statutes:

Indiana Code 35-47-2

Thank you much. And i will take this advice as well.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    He did forward it... I did receive the Denial letter explaining that they have reason to believe i am not a proper person and all that. the guy told me they would deny it based on his recommendation... what sh**... this was a year ago this month.

A year ago is too far back to appeal. Did you get any of your money back? Reapply. If you get the letter, talk to Guy Relford of Tactical Firearms Training, he is a lawyer in matters like this and would be happy to help you. Appeal. Do what Guy tells you, then sit back and wait. The charges do not seem like anything that would exclude you from being a proper person. Are you sure you're thinking of everything?

lucky3031

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Evansville
    A year ago is too far back to appeal. Did you get any of your money back? Reapply. If you get the letter, talk to Guy Relford of Tactical Firearms Training, he is a lawyer in matters like this and would be happy to help you. Appeal. Do what Guy tells you, then sit back and wait. The charges do not seem like anything that would exclude you from being a proper person. Are you sure you're thinking of everything?

Im sure this is everything... he also specifically told me these were the reasons he was going to recommend a deny.

338sniper

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    I have a far worse record then the one you have displayed. I don't have anything "extraordinary" on my record but none the less my local chief recommended my denial as an "improper person" when i applied for my Lifetime permit. Sure I had my fair share of run ins when I was younger. Seemed I got a bad image when I would get pulled over and my vehicle arsenal outweighed the entire police depts arsenal. I didn't receive neither a denial letter or my license after several months, so I called and spoke with someone in charge of issuing permits. He asked me a few questions and had me send in some paperwork. I received my permit about a week later.

Hope the best for you!

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Applied for my Lifetime License in Vanderburgh County a year ago. I have had a four year before, but has been expired for a few years. I was denied within a few days of app being at the local sheriff's office. Called the sheriff's department and spoke to the guy that looked my app over and made the decision to mark my app for denial... When I asked him why he recommended the denial he responded with; "Because I can, based on your past I don’t believe you deserve a license to carry."

My "past" he referenced:
    1.) a few driving while suspended charges... Years back I had an attorney to fight reckless driving charge to speeding. all was well until the proper paperwork was not filed correctly in the clerk’s office. this bit me in the a** and caused my license to be suspended. all due to clerical errors.
    Fact #1 - I WAS driving on a suspended license...
    Fact #2 - My license should have never been suspended.
    All I got from the judge when this was finally cleared up = "Sorry"... That’s it? Haha.

2.) One Misdemeanor DUI five or six years ago.

the guy told me that I have too many issue on my record and he would not recommend an approval. As far as my knowledge of the law goes, I believe I'm still legally entitled to carry a firearm.

Should i try to re-apply? should i spend the $$$$ and contact an attorney? should i Move? haha.

anyone have any advice?

Paging Guy/Kirk -

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Guy helped me get mine back. I got arrested for a college prank and the University Police threw the book at me in 97. Got my LTCH in 2000. In 2004, I tried to renew and was denied because of a "violent crime". It wasn't until 2012 that I found Guy (from a news clip about the Evansville guy at the zoo). Two months later, a pink slip in my hand.

Funny thing was, the charge was dropped to a lesser because of the "non-violent" circumstances, I was given probation for 1-yr on a defferal, and 50 hrs community service. At the end of all that, the charge should have been dropped completely from my record. They denied be based on the arrest, not the conviction. Once you find the right person, it's pretty easy to get a final result (not that yours will be as positive as mine).

Hey! I know that Zoo guy! :D

Happy that the exposure my case received has helped someone legally exercise their rights.

:+1:

brichindy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    SW Indiana
    Lucky, I suggest you call Karen Rickelman at 812-421-6360 to discuss your situation. She's the one who normally handles the LTCH process for Vanderburgh County. I'm not sure who this fellow is that you're talking about, but sounds like a real dick. He may have been filling in for her at the time you filed.

A buddy of mine had a prior DUI and several speeding tickets within a few years' time and was worried about not getting his pink slip. He talked to her and she said she didn't see a problem about him getting the LTCH, and sure enough he went through the process and got it 2 weeks later.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Lucky, I suggest you call Karen Rickelman at 812-421-6360 to discuss your situation. She's the one who normally handles the LTCH process for Vanderburgh County. I'm not sure who this fellow is that you're talking about, but sounds like a real dick. He may have been filling in for her at the time you filed.

A buddy of mine had a prior DUI and several speeding tickets within a few years' time and was worried about not getting his pink slip. He talked to her and she said she didn't see a problem about him getting the LTCH, and sure enough he went through the process and got it 2 weeks later.

Wow, Gotta love the info on :ingo:

Rep to you, sir. Wish the best for the OP!

lucky3031

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Evansville

I will give her a call tomorrow. thank you for the info

Top Bottom