• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Deleted. Probably to much information.

I actually caught it before the delete, I think.

I suggest you folks appeal the decision on the basis that it wasn't a criminal conviction, so she didn't lie.

No guarantees on the outcome, but you don't really lose anything by trying. There might be some reporting issue from that jurisdiction that doesn't fit neatly into a box.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Yep, traffic tickets don't count; I didn't report either of mine. I also had an alcohol ticket from college, but it was an infraction - I would have been willing to report it, but the question specifically said "misdemeanors" so I couldn't have reported it without lying by checking yes (there is no "anything else you want to tell us?" box).

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    They consider ANY traffic ticket as being arrested. I used to answer the question " Have you ever been arrested ? " Yes, Traffic only." Also answered the same way when I applied for my Lifetime.

if they do, I wouldn't have my LTCH. Numerous tickets AND defensive driving school. Applied for a 4 year a couple of times since then as well as a lifetime. Never denied and I didn't list any of the above.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Do they?

I'm proof positive they don't.

Remember all my tickets? No way. I'm having trouble remembering all my verbal warnings...in the past 5 years.

Heck, I pulled a horse trailer back home from Newark,IL on Monday without a license plate, had police behind me 3 times....nothing.
    For cripes sake man! Stop incriminating yourself. Edit out this part of your post and contact a lawyer! ASAP!

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well you have been a very good boy unlike me who grew up in a series of muscle cars.
    If you have some muscles you need to use them.....apparently.
    No, you need to learn how to use them and not get stopped! :laugh:

Remember folks, ya DON'T get punished for what you do. You get punished for what you get CAUGHT doing! :lmfao:
    Of course, once ya get to those 'pearly gates', it might all be "LuCY, you got some 'splainin' to DO!" :rofl:

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    I actually caught it before the delete, I think.

I suggest you folks appeal the decision on the basis that it wasn't a criminal conviction, so she didn't lie.

No guarantees on the outcome, but you don't really lose anything by trying. There might be some reporting issue from that jurisdiction that doesn't fit neatly into a box.

I truly dunno what happened, like I said it was truly before my time. The lady at the sheriffs department said we could either appeal or wait until her money is refunded and reapply and make sure it's on the next one. Not sure she could win an appeal the way the rejection letter is worded. Bottom line is she didn't put whatever it is on the application and that's why she was rejected, because it wasn't on there. We can just wait and she can reapply with whatever it is listed on the application. Her's has been expired for 3 or 4 years so another couple months is not the end of the world. Unless there's some advantage to appealing or it's necessary for her to appeal to gain the license then we will just wait and she can play game the right way. I guess I should consult a lawyer?? Anyone recommend a good gun law lawyer in the Bloomington area or one that will consult over the phone??

The whole thing angers me because everyone, including lawbreakers and felons, is born with the inherent right to self defense. If your a free person walking the streets you shouldn't need permission from a state to exercise that right. But alas I'm in a minority and unfortunately our inherited right to self defense was sold out many years before my time.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    With the appeal, for one thing, you'd get a clearer idea of what the problem is. Truly, a traffic citation does not require disclosure. There's a disconnect somewhere with the current application and an appeal will sort that out.

If you wait and start over, and disclose what you think is the problem, it might work. Or, because of the disconnect, what you think is the problem might not be the real problem and you'll be back in this same situation.

Guy Relford is an attorney in Carmel that is one of the best "gun lawyers" in the state (IMHO). And a darn nice guy, too.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    For cripes sake man! Stop incriminating yourself. Edit out this part of your post and contact a lawyer! ASAP!

I don't know any good lawyers.

I have, however, determined that a stock pickup, county fair window sticker and 4-H Foundation license plate make me, if not invisible to police, immune from tickets.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    I'm at work now but I will send him an email this evening. I think everything boils down to three or four questions and I think it would give us a better sense of direction.

mwingeier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    They consider ANY traffic ticket as being arrested. I used to answer the question " Have you ever been arrested ? " Yes, Traffic only." Also answered the same way when I applied for my Lifetime.

I'm pretty certain they don't. In my youth, I had enough speeding tickets to have my license suspended twice, almost a third time. Not so much as a peep when I applied for mine and I answered no to the question.

Top Bottom