• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tonyb71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    So. Indiana
    I have a hearing scheduled next week and was curious if others had to do this to get their license & if so what was the process like? I feel confident after talking to a lady from the ISP about 2 misdemeanors I have that are 20 years old but just looking for what others have experienced. I'm gonna have to take a vacation day & drive 2.5 hours to get there. Seems crazy to have to do this but I'd rather go in person to get this over.

tonyb71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    So. Indiana
    I've had a license before but that expired in prob 1995 so it's not a renewal. It's the "Determination of whether or not I'm a proper person to be licensed". The misdemeanors had nothing to do with guns, domestic violence or involved anything to LE. I did just buy 2 handguns in the past month and made it thru the Feds check with no problems. I think they just need more detail info on the charges which are related to a fight I got into with a guy almost 20 years ago.

tonyb71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    So. Indiana
    Actually, I'm pretty certain it occurred while my license was valid but I think it was a 4-5yr license at the time. It wasn't revoked and I never received anything about it. She never mentioned my expired license & it sounded like they just needed more details on the charges. She said this was pretty common and after I told her what they were she thought I would make it thru ok.

tonyb71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    So. Indiana
    It's pretty crappy. If I didn't want my LTCH that bad I wouldn't waste my time but if driving to Indy & meeting FTF will resolve it I'll burn a vacation day & pay prob $75 in gas.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Take copies of the court documents. Preferably take (or talk to) a lawyer, there are a couple on the board that are active, Kirk Freeman and Guy Relford come to mind but I'm sure there are others.

Top Bottom