• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    No, it cannot. Your motion to emanate in my penumbra is denied at this time.
    :laugh: Thanks for being such a great sport, and for not taking offense at such impertinence.

When the cat's away, the mice will play. That's what happens when the Professor leaves the mischievous students unsupervised with the keys to the laboratree.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    It's not the LEO's job to interpret the law. The more they overstep the boundaries of their line of duty, the more we'll see **** like this.
    Cops thinking it's their job to lecture you on their personal philosophy of carrying a gun while they disarm you in public and give unlawful orders.

Dixiejack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    If I missed this forgive me, but does a LEO have to have a LTCH to carry off duty? If not, shouldn't they? By the way, I got my LTCH today, which is 9 weeks to the day I applied online.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    However, the other LEO disagrees saying that the "wording" on the Indiana LTCH specifically says "May carry any HANDGUN", not HANDGUNS. He believes this wording is clear and that any person carrying more than one would be in violation and is "up to no good"

The worst part of the nonsense isn't that the officer in questioned is ignorant of the law. The worst part is that he assumes that anyone carrying more than one gun is "up to no good."

Can it also be added, "And/or, in precatory fashion, they attempt to insert or squeeze out of the text that which they wish it actually stated?"

:laugh: Not again.

Just for fun:

<Courtroom scene>

"Your Honor,

Notwithstanding the broad applicability of Kirk's First Law, due to the tenuous connection in the particulars of this case we ask for a finding that our client, Maximus Pachydermus Purplinius, member of the endangered species Rhinocerosidae, be not compelled by the Court to remit as remuneration a further quantity of .45 ACP to the Juridical Director of the Royal Reformatory, whose larders must surely be bursting at the seams - indeed - overflowing with vast quantities of the aforementioned bounty."

See, the best part of the quote above would be to hear it complete with the accent.

If he will stipulate that state law limits us to one rhino, I will allow an interloc appeal.

Holy crap! We could be in trouble!

Does rhino have any kids? If so, what are we to do with the surplus rhinos?

None . . . that I know of. :joke:

jonlong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    United States
    The ltch does not limit the number of guns you can carry.

IC 1-1-4-1
    (3) Words importing the singular number only may be also applied to the plural of persons and things.

This is part of the rules of general statutory construction and apply to all provisions of the Indiana Code

Last edited:

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    He believes this wording is clear and that any person carrying more than one would be in violation and is "up to no good"

Whenever I'm up to no good, I always make sure to carry five pistols. I can shoot one gun in each hand, and one with each foot, and the last one -- well, it's something I'd prefer not to get detailed about in mixed company. In fact, I got thrown out of the state fair because of the big commotion that came about when the secret got loose.

Maybe I'm just unimaginative, but I can shoot only one gun at a time.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If I missed this forgive me, but does a LEO have to have a LTCH to carry off duty? If not, shouldn't they? By the way, I got my LTCH today, which is 9 weeks to the day I applied online.

Kirk posted the relevant IC code early on. LEOs are exempted from the LTCH requirement in the state code. We are also exempted via LEOSA at the Federal level as long as we meet the requirements set forth.

qualified law enforcement officer and who is carrying the identification required by subsection (d) may carry a concealed firearm that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, subject to subsection (b).

Prior to LEOSA, many officers got the LTCH for the reciprocity with other states. Since LEOSA, I've let mine expire (lifetime didn't exist last time I had to renew my LTCH)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh, you're making that up, Kirk. Okay, then - what about Stoney Lonesome? Or Bean Blossom? (And, no, I'm not going to mention French Lick.)

Not making it up. I'll get you the name of the book by the IU semantics professor when I go home for lunch. I'm in the courthouse waiting for a hearing.

Top Bottom