• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    I filled out the application on 11/21. Then realized I wanted to do the L1 electronic method but needed to wait until another payroll came around to bust out the $75 state fee + $11 fingerprint fee. So yesterday I took care of that online. I set up an appointment for the printing for 12/22 which was the first available. Now I should be able to print out these docs/receipts, and take my drivers license and $50 bill to the local LE office for the printing and be done.

I just moved a month or so ago and realized I had not yet corrected my license, it has my old address but all of these documents used to apply and pay for have my current address. Do I need to get my license corrected before I go to the local LE office or does it matter? Should I just take a utility bill showing my current address?

Also, the application says I can take the application with my $50 within the next 30 days to complete the application process. It does not agree with the official instruction document that says you have up to 60 days to complete the process. Has anyone been refused after 30 days? I will take both documents.

thanks

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Not sure of the 30 or 60 day difference. No worry about the wrong address on your license, as long as you have proof of your new address (utility bill).

NOTE: Do NOT take cash to the cop-shop. Chances are they won't take it. Take a postal money order and you'll be good to go.

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    hrm....yeah, payment method for the state fee specifies money order or cashiers check but it leaves state fee kind of ambiguous....i just figured cash was convenient, seems like a waste of money to pay $5 to get a $50 money order....

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    hrm....yeah, payment method for the state fee specifies money order or cashiers check but it leaves state fee kind of ambiguous....i just figured cash was convenient, seems like a waste of money to pay $5 to get a $50 money order....
    go to Villiage Pantry and you can get a money order for 99 cents.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    hrm...not sure what those are, maybe the local Walmart does them for 99 cents? awful lot of BS to go through when I already have the $50 in my wallet....are you sure they won't take cash?

I've never heard of any that take cash for that. If you don't have Village Pantry, look for a 7-11 or a Circle K or some other convenience store. Some Walmarts do money orders, but I'm not sure what they charge to do them.

Good luck!

Blessings,
    Bill

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Get a Postal Money Order.

go to Villiage Pantry and you can get a money order for 99 cents.

I've never heard of any that take cash for that. If you don't have Village Pantry, look for a 7-11 or a Circle K or some other convenience store. Some Walmarts do money orders, but I'm not sure what they charge to do them.

Good luck!

Blessings,
    Bill

Go to the Post Office+get your money orders. They will cost you $1.10 each+are GAURNTEED to be good/accepted at the Cop Shops..Bill.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I filled out the application on 11/21. Then realized I wanted to do the L1 electronic method but needed to wait until another payroll came around to bust out the $75 state fee + $11 fingerprint fee. So yesterday I took care of that online. I set up an appointment for the printing for 12/22 which was the first available. Now I should be able to print out these docs/receipts, and take my drivers license and $50 bill to the local LE office for the printing and be done.

I just moved a month or so ago and realized I had not yet corrected my license, it has my old address but all of these documents used to apply and pay for have my current address. Do I need to get my license corrected before I go to the local LE office or does it matter? Should I just take a utility bill showing my current address?

Also, the application says I can take the application with my $50 within the next 30 days to complete the application process. It does not agree with the official instruction document that says you have up to 60 days to complete the process. Has anyone been refused after 30 days? I will take both documents.

thanks

The address may or may not be an issue. I originally went to Hendricks County Sheriff and they said address on DL MUST MATCH current address. When they realized I was in the wrong place I drove to Danville PD, they didn't even look at my DL. And they took cash for payment.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    hrm...perhaps i should call them to clarify, or check with one of the LEO's in our apartment complex

I'd say call and ask to talk to the person that handles them.

Also ask when you can come in. Different rules for different dept.
    Some only do them certain day(s) and times and I've heard of at least one that is by appt. only.

Mine (Monticello) was m-f 9-5 other times avail. on request. Cash or MO for local fees.

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    I'd say call and ask to talk to the person that handles them.

Also ask when you can come in. Different rules for different dept.
    Some only do them certain day(s) and times and I've heard of at least one that is by appt. only.

Mine (Monticello) was m-f 9-5 other times avail. on request. Cash or MO for local fees.

I made the appointment through the L1 Scheduling website when I paid for the State Fee online.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I made the appointment through the L1 Scheduling website when I paid for the State Fee online.
    Ahhh I thought you we're talking about the local portion when you mentioned LEO. The police don't really have anything to do with L1. They are an outside co.

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    Ahhh I thought you we're talking about the local portion when you mentioned LEO. The police don't really have anything to do with L1. They are an outside co.

Well I paid for the state fee and fingerprinting through the L1 website but then it had me pick a local police office to go to to actually get printed and pay the local fee

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    Just get the license taken care of anyway! Your going to have to do it at some time, might as well do it now, and not worry about it!

I think it's a right of passage to carry a DL with the wrong address. We have moved at least every 3 years, if not 2 years, this last move was 2 years from the last move...and only a year or two before that.....they charge you $10 every time you change addresses.....I've spent more in vehicle registration and DL changes in the last 5 years alone than for my LTCH....lol

spoke to a guy at work today who said they are fine with a incorrect address, just to bring a couple bills.....and cash is just fine, he should know....

troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    I just moved awhile back and had to get the address changed on my LTCH ordered a new one by choice thougn, the officer i talked to at ISP weapons division told me by law you are not required to get a new liscense to match your address just required to notify ISP of your address change, he did however say its a good idea to get a new one just so local LEO's do not get confused and make a traffic stop or incident alot longer than needed.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I just moved awhile back and had to get the address changed on my LTCH ordered a new one by choice thougn, the officer i talked to at ISP weapons division told me by law you are not required to get a new liscense to match your address just required to notify ISP of your address change, he did however say its a good idea to get a new one just so local LEO's do not get confused and make a traffic stop or incident alot longer than needed.
    That is some very sound & accurate advice you got from ISP, and exactly what I would have told you.

Top Bottom