LTCH or CCW what is really......a little light on it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I guess I'm just tired of hearing it, seeing it yada yada yada....

So here it is folks.

It's not a Carry Concealed Weapon permit, it's also not a.....

License To Conceal Handgun Permit :dunno:

It's a....

License To Carry Handgun Permit

It does not mean you have to carry your handgun concealed,
    It does not mean you have to carry your handgun open carry.

It is your choice on how you want to carry your handgun plain and simple.

It amazes me the amount of people who get the license but fail to know, or read up about it.

Here's a copy folks incase ya forgot where ya put it. Courtesy of USACARRY.com_______VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
    indiana.jpg

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    You are 601 inches tall?! Dude you are huge! You should be climbing buildings and destroying cities! I bet finding a handgun to CARRY that fits your huge hands is a pain!:D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Oh HELL no. We just finished one of these. If this turns into another OC/CC thread, it's getting closed.

:mods:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Whoop's i am not anti oc hell i do it myself from time to time.Get to know me before making opinions.:rockwoot:

I put this put here because I just got sick and tired of people calling it a CCW. Plainly letting people know that it's a License To Carry Handgun with no indication on how it must be carried.

Other states specially spell it out on the license the method of carry that the holder must adhere to.

Take Kentucky's permit, it states that it must be Concealed.
    kentucky_concealed_weapon_permit.jpg

If people try and turn this into a OC/CC thread the mods won't have to close it.:stickpoke:
    I Will:bacondance:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I put this put here because I just got sick and tired of people calling it a CCW. Plainly letting people know that it's a License To Carry Handgun with no indication on how it must be carried.

Other states specially spell it out on the license the method of carry that the holder must adhere to.

Take Kentucky's permit, it states that it must be Concealed.
    kentucky_concealed_weapon_permit.jpg

If people try and turn this into a OC/CC thread the mods won't have to close it.:stickpoke:
    I Will:bacondance:

Kentucky also has legal OC without any governmental permission slip of whatever acronym. No, I'm not debating the merits or detriments of either one, just saying that when there, you don't need a LTCH/CCW/whatever. You just have to make sure it's OC to carry or have some governmental permission slip to conceal.

I wish we had that, too. Maybe someday, when Pat Bauer is out of the House and can't send any gun bill to a committee that will never meet to vote on it.

Blessings,
    Bill

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Kentucky also has legal OC without any governmental permission slip of whatever acronym. No, I'm not debating the merits or detriments of either one, just saying that when there, you don't need a LTCH/CCW/whatever. You just have to make sure it's OC to carry or have some governmental permission slip to conceal.

I wish we had that, too. Maybe someday, when Pat Bauer is out of the House and can't send any gun bill to a committee that will never meet to vote on it.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Even if you are a non-resident? I could OC all the way down into Tennesee...

Never mind... I went and looked at a reciprocity map. Just about the whole southeast US honors the LTCH.

Last edited:

Mikeg23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    See even you put the word permit in there. Fact of the matter is it really isn't something to stress yourself out over, because if you correct someone the're not going to understand and they're going to look at you like your an idiot. Most people just don't care...

..........It's a....

License To Carry Handgun Permit
    indiana.jpg

Top Bottom