• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My current 4 year LTCH will expire on 5/29/2013. I plan on applying for a lifetime at the end of the month during my vacation. What happens if my current LTCH expires before my lifetime arrives? Can I carry once it expires if I have not received my lifetime by then? I would assume, not. Anybody have any idea what the current process time is?

Thanks!!!!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yes, you can carry on the expired LTCH with your renewal application receipt.

ETA: ...only if renewed within 30 days of its expiration.

IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins three hundred sixty-five (365) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    My current 4 year LTCH will expire on 5/29/2013. I plan on applying for a lifetime at the end of the month during my vacation.

Do it ASAP. You're gonna be carrying on your receipt at this point regardless. You probably won't get your LT until August or September with the current wait.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Do it ASAP. You're gonna be carrying on your receipt at this point regardless. You probably won't get your LT until August or September with the current wait.

He HAS to wait until within 30 days to carry on the receipt. If he renews now, his current license will expire before the new one arrives and he will NOT be legal to carry. It's stupid, but it's how the law reads.

I.C. said:
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins three hundred sixty-five (365) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4; P.L.47-2010, SEC.2.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    If I have to ask... Why would anybody go for the 4 year license instead of lifetime?

Just curious because myself when I thought about it ... "I could get the license for 4 years and go through the hassle, time, trouble of applying again... Or I can just get the lifetime now and not have to worry about it again."

I just don't understand.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    If I have to ask... Why would anybody go for the 4 year license instead of lifetime?

Just curious because myself when I thought about it ... "I could get the license for 4 years and go through the hassle, time, trouble of applying again... Or I can just get the lifetime now and not have to worry about it again."

I just don't understand.

I have my lifetime now, but I originally got just the 4 year for financial reasons. It may not seem like much difference, but at the time it was what I could afford.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    In the end, you paid more by not just going lifetime from the start though...

Yes, I understand this. "In the end" (after the 4 years) I was in a better place financially and paying a little more to renew to lifetime was not an issue. Initially, it was 4 year or nothing.

Top Bottom