• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m4lover

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Hello fellow ingoers.

I am one of the younger members of our community. I turn 18 in less than 3 month, and I was just wondering if there was any way to start the application process to get my LTCH before I turn 18 so that I have as little overlap time as possible. I have grown up with weapons, can use them well, and I just want to be able to protect myself when hand to hand isn't enough. If someone has an answer please share your knowledge. thanks!!!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    That's something I hadn't thought about; I know you can get one when you're 18, my son did. He carries a Sig 227, almost poked me in the nads with it tonight, and he has to mooch my ammo. They don't seem to be taking long to process these days, though, so at worst it should be a few more weeks.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    right there is no way they would let you at 17.but the good point is you can buy a lifetime,and they are coming back quick

+1 on that, especially the part about kicking in the modest bit extra for lifetime.
    The only other thing I would add is that you'll want to contact the state police (they are the actual issuing agency) each time you move once you get your LTCH so that they can keep your info current.
    I did that when I got married and moved five years ago, a trivial process that took less than one minute.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I'm 26, married and have a 2 year old son. My days of getting into fist fights are long over. I can't afford any injuries. I also have no obligations, legal or moral, to fight hand to hand. If someone wants to harm me or my family they can talk to the business end of my 45acp 1911. These days no one fights fair. At least never expect someone to.

Anyways all you have to do is apply online on your birthday.

Top Bottom