• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    I'm no lawyer, that being said.....she pulled someone through a "drive through window" just to beat her up. It was "almost" a felony charge against a minor, but since there was only 1 year difference, that felony charge was dropped.

I personally do not care if she gets her carry or not. My concern is that people still laugh after 20 years. What should be a serious learning opportunity for her and others has apparently turned into joke! I quote, "But now almost 20 years later...what do u do other than laugh about it."

There are some (many) life's lessons that should never become funny. That is one problem with society today, after time, people laugh at what should remain serious.

Hey, remember that time I pulled that chick through the drive through window just to beat her up? Remember that, man was that ever funny! What was even cooler is that it was only a misdemeanor! Go figure! Boy, those were the days! HA-HA-HA

BTW, I wonder if that victim is laughing today!

Obviously u don’t know the entire story. But the victim was no victim. She just finally met someone who wasn’t scared. And no one involved didn’t learn anything. Obviously it is and always will be a learning and now teaching point for ourselves and others.

Some of u guys have serious sticks crammed way up there. The crime itself was only posted so that people who might be able to help with whether or not the battery charge would prevent a carry license. But thank you for making it clear that you can not post any mistakes or extra information with out being lectured.

Id hate to know what some of you who feel so righteous might have done in your pasts that would have prevented some of the things that u are now allowed to do that you wouldn’t have been able to had you been caught.

This is post was simply to ask for help in a somewhat grey area. I know people that have done worse that have their carry license but never got caught or simply knew someone to get them out of it.

If if we were all perfect and never did wrong none of us would ever feel the need to carry in the first place.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm no lawyer, that being said.....she pulled someone through a "drive through window" just to beat her up. It was "almost" a felony charge against a minor, but since there was only 1 year difference, that felony charge was dropped.

I personally do not care if she gets her carry or not. My concern is that people still laugh after 20 years. What should be a serious learning opportunity for her and others has apparently turned into joke! I quote, "But now almost 20 years later...what do u do other than laugh about it."

There are some (many) life's lessons that should never become funny. That is one problem with society today, after time, people laugh at what should remain serious.

Hey, remember that time I pulled that chick through the drive through window just to beat her up? Remember that, man was that ever funny! What was even cooler is that it was only a misdemeanor! Go figure! Boy, those were the days! HA-HA-HA

BTW, I wonder if that victim is laughing today!

"One night me with my big mouth
    A couple guys had to put me in my place
    When I see those guys these days
    We just laugh and say do you remember when..."

--John Mellencamp ;)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    A person who finds it acceptable to pull a person out a window in which to kick her ass should not be strutting around with a gun on their person.

Some things I considered "acceptable" as a 18 years old vs. what I consider acceptable now (a few decades later) has changed dramatically. I'd bet a good portion of us, LTCH holders and other law abiding citizens have done a thing or two that probably would have prevented us from getting a LTCH if we had been caught. Heck, even the next day it was, "man that was stupid."

As long as the person has changed, or at least matured enough to make rational life decisions, I see no issues with it.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This was where I determined I wasn't going to be able to help you.

That was my first thought, but based on his subsequent comments I don't think he meant it like we thought he did. Believe me, I thought he would be showing up in the Shooters thread! :): I think he meant "know it alls" as people here with a lot of knowledge on the subject. But you know, I'm a glass half full kinda guy. :)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If you ask a question (in person, on INGO, on FB, on Twitter, wherever) you will get various responses.
    It's a fact of life.
    Weed out the chaff.
    Find what you want.

Don't forget, some of those responses are because they do not know everything about the circumstances that you do.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I believe I stated I don't care if she should get the LTCH; my response was that it was laughed about. I agree with others who have had "interesting" occurrences in their past (as we all have) and I find it perfectly fine when both parties laugh about it. I can tell of a few stories where "we" all laugh about it today. Granted, I don't know the whole story but I just feel that if the OP had stated that all involved laugh at it today, I'd be ok with it.....but it did not sound that way. That one incident seemingly concerns the individual enough to test the opinions of others; makes me wonder. Curious, does the one who was pulled though the drive through window laugh about it today?

I apologize for taking the thread off topic. I don't have any more popcorn; how does some nachos sound?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Obviously u don’t know the entire story. But the victim was no victim. She just finally met someone who wasn’t scared. And no one involved didn’t learn anything. Obviously it is and always will be a learning and now teaching point for ourselves and others.

Some of u guys have serious sticks crammed way up there. The crime itself was only posted so that people who might be able to help with whether or not the battery charge would prevent a carry license. But thank you for making it clear that you can not post any mistakes or extra information with out being lectured.

Id hate to know what some of you who feel so righteous might have done in your pasts that would have prevented some of the things that u are now allowed to do that you wouldn’t have been able to had you been caught.

This is post was simply to ask for help in a somewhat grey area. I know people that have done worse that have their carry license but never got caught or simply knew someone to get them out of it.

If if we were all perfect and never did wrong none of us would ever feel the need to carry in the first place.

To gain a little perspective, with out sharing my own opinion. I read the OP to my gf. Curious to see what she would say.

Her first comment was "sure 'their friend' that typically means they are asking for themselves. But either way they probably should carry a gun"

I went on to read all the posters responses to her.
    I hadnt given any thought about the OP being about the poster.

But this response reads a bit differently. You seem to get defensive, and all of a sudden have a little more insight, and your attitude shifts a bit.

Almost seems like you are the one that assaulted the person.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Ive asked dumb **** for friends plenty of times and it wasn't for me.
    I can't assume this person is asking for themselves. We have to give people some credit to start. All good friends would defend their friend.
    Also the comments about the person that committed that crime finding it funny years later missed a big something. It wasnt that person trying to get the LTCH that said that was it? No. It was their friend the OP, trying to make an awkward joke about an awkward and unacceptable situation. So the person that's had to live with the consequences of their actions isn't the one that probably finds it funny.

Ive seen people here on ingo who already have their LTCH and firearms make lots of dumb and unsafe remarks about firearms.
    Its their right to own them regardless. If they break the law or the 4 rules they will pay the consequences.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A person who finds it acceptable to pull a person out a window in which to kick her ass should not be strutting around with a gun on their person.

Also in that list of requirements she seems like she would fail at point 6.

That any of us could pass the litmus test of never ever ever making a life changing mistake at a young age is pretty far fetched. Actually it is a real long stretch. Our life paths are so different that to judge others from our perspective is sometimes off.
    Granted pulling someone out the drive through is not something to laugh at but I for one want to know more before I judge her. Never know what the beat down was about and what really led up to it.

That said if it is a misdemeanor she should clear the hurdles.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Also in that list of requirements she seems like she would fail at point 6.

Doesn't it depend on the circumstances as well as how much time has elapsed? I think it does.

Thanks for the visual, BTW! I'm going to strut around today. :patriot:

Top Bottom