• ...and so much more!
  • tazl3oy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    zionsville
    OK I have a Q for you guys
    im 19 and have a s&w 5906 and davis 380 been going back and forth about getting a LTCH i know my guns and how handle them but my Q is with being 19 is it a bad idea to get a ltch because of the cops giving me a hard time because of my age??? is it even worth getting and carrying?
    and is it smarter to get the 4yr or the lifetime?
    thanks in advance for the info

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Get the lifetime. One fee and you're done with it, forever. You can leave a gun in your car that way and travel with the weapon legally. You need the piece of paper to do so anyways.

"is it even worth getting and carrying?" I hope you'll never see the need to carry...but if you ever do, you'll sure wish you were carrying. Is your life and those of your loved ones worth the inconvenience? Only you can answer these questions. Do some soul searching. You can always try it and decide you don't like it right now.

Conceal Carry and you don't have to worry about anyone giving you a "hard time".

Always carry, never tell. Loose lips sink ships. Keep it to yourself and you won't have to deal with any reactions.

mlang2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    No one will give you a "hard time" just because you're 19 anymore than you got a hard time for getting a driver's license at 16...you're of legal age to do it. If you ever plan to actually carry, you need to get one no matter what, and if you can swing the extra money, pay for the lifetime so you never run the risk of being expired and save a bunch of money in the long run.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    OK I have a Q for you guys
    im 19 and have a s&w 5906 and davis 380 been going back and forth about getting a LTCH i know my guns and how handle them but my Q is with being 19 is it a bad idea to get a ltch because of the cops giving me a hard time because of my age???

I'm almost 20 and applied for my ltch the day I turned 18. I've never been harassed by the cops, and don't expect to be.
    You need to decide which is more important to you: Having your gun on you in case you need to protect yourself and potentially getting hassled by a police officer or not having a gun when you need one.
    and is it smarter to get the 4yr or the lifetime?
    Its not that much more money to get the lifetime license, so that's what I'd get. With the lifetime you also don't have to worry about carrying with an expired license because you forgot to renew it.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I agree with what everyone else has said... its a personal decision, but its one that shouldn't be influenced by the concern of getting hassled because of your age. You are just as legal as anyone else.

I do recommend taking a good defensive pistol class. I highly recommend the one the Boone Co. Sheriff does in Lebanon IN. Its $175 (plus ammo) that you will NEVER regret spending.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Get the lifetime. One fee and you're done with it, forever.

Almost. You gotta keep up on the address changes. Being 19, he's bound to have an address change or two. It doesn't cost anything to update your address unless you want a LTCH with your current address printed on it. Then the fee is $20. You have 60 to notify the ISP of you change of address.

Buddy of mine Travis lost his LTCH for a short time because of this. He changed his address on his drivers license when he moved and forgot to send the change of address form into the ISP.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I can't offer any different advice to that already but can add the caution that if you do get it, you will most likely only get hassled if you abuse the right. My son is 20 and carries and he understands that the only time he can put a hand on it in a confrontation is if his life is in danger. You can't show somebody you have it to make them go away. If you ever do have to draw for any reason, be the first to call the police. Good people have made dumb mistakes by doing something like purposefully exposing the gun to another motorist who is exhibiting road rage and have gone to jail for intimidation.

If you're not sure of whether you will carry or not, at least get a sportsman license so you can take it to the range once in a while. I'd recommend the lifetime protection license to give you the option of carrying if you decide to.

tazl3oy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    zionsville
    to everyone that had somthing to say thank you
    i know that this is something that i have to say yes or no to myself but all of your info is making me that that i will get it
    i know its not a thing to advertise
    purring in the point of the drivers lic. at 16 and this at 18 made it go into prospective for me and theres just some guys out there thats gonna give you a hard time no matter what
    sorry about the FAQ thing im new to the site and didnt see it
    thats class that you were talking about revance i think im going to do that it might not be now but i will do it, its by my area and is cheap when you think about it someone teaching you somthing you might not of know (and i know theres still alot more i can learn)
    as far as the address i just moved in my own house so i dont think ill be moving anytime soon but ill keep it in mind when i do move
    thanks again to everyone that put there :twocents: in
    and so far i do have to say :ingo: is the best site on the net with getting help or ideas from others!!!! thanks again

crmguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Sullivan
    you should get the lifetime now before you get married (if your not already) and your wife takes all of your money! and be for Mitch gets out of office and they do away with it, even if you decide not to carry you still have the option to.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I received my LTCH before I was 21. I have never been hassled by police or given a hard time. I have only had 1 anti say please don't bring that in next time. I giggled at her and never went and spent a cent at her business again.

So, get the LTCH and make sure you get the lifetime! GO GO now! WTF are you waiting for :P

tazl3oy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    zionsville
    well i just thought i would give you guys an update it took me abit but i put in for my lifetime premit just waiting to get it in the mail now... cant wait for it to get here!!! from what im told it will take 4-10 weeks till i get but hey i waited this long whats another 4-10 weeks

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Don't allow fear of being hassled to trump your rights. Cops/people will hassle you at any age if you allow them to.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    well i just thought i would give you guys an update it took me abit but i put in for my lifetime premit just waiting to get it in the mail now... cant wait for it to get here!!! from what im told it will take 4-10 weeks till i get but hey i waited this long whats another 4-10 weeks

Congrats! :draw:

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    No one will give you a "hard time" just because you're 19 anymore than you got a hard time for getting a driver's license at 16...you're of legal age to do it.

^ This.

Like a couple others have said, I got mine when I turned 18, too (I'm 22 now). Got the lifetime - It's really the better investment.. If you plan on staying for awhile :D

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Get the lifetime. One fee and you're done with it, forever. You can leave a gun in your car that way and travel with the weapon legally. You need the piece of paper to do so anyways.

"is it even worth getting and carrying?" I hope you'll never see the need to carry...but if you ever do, you'll sure wish you were carrying. Is your life and those of your loved ones worth the inconvenience? Only you can answer these questions. Do some soul searching. You can always try it and decide you don't like it right now.

Conceal Carry and you don't have to worry about anyone giving you a "hard time".

Always carry, never tell. Loose lips sink ships. Keep it to yourself and you won't have to deal with any reactions.

Took the words right out of my mouth...I agree.

Top Bottom