• ...and so much more!
  • figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Doug,

By all means, ASK! The last thing anyone here wants to hear is that you have run afoul of the law due to ignorance. As has been mentioned, confusing IC with laws of other states is common when one is new to CCW.

For many here, that info is old hat, but we all have to start somewhere. A thicker skin wouldn't hurt :rolleyes: , but I've found that nobody who wants to be here for long will seriously call you out for asking a question of that importance.

btw- in case no one has told you yet, the purple text is sarcasm

welcome to :ingo:

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Semi auto's are only allowed on Days that end in a "Y"

Clarification....semi autos are only allowed during the months that end with a "Y". Revolvers are only allowed during months that end with an "R". All other months you're only allowed to carry full auto's:ar15: (of your choice) minimum 30 rd mags (must be concealed) :rolleyes: ........ :bs:

In all honesty, like someone else stated in some states u may have to list what you carry (no idea if this is true), how sucky does that sound. I am glad Indiana is one of the lenient states when it comes to gun and carry laws.

Last edited:

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    As I stated earlier, I don't have the LTCH yet, so I'm trying to prepare myself. That way when it does come I don't have all of these things to worry about. I think it goes back to the old "Get your ducks in a row" cliche. Or "better safe than sorry". I'd hate to think that I carry the .380 one day and then I step out side the next and Officer Friendly stops and asks to see what I'm Licensed to carry...so I ask.

Thanks again to everyone who has weighed in. If others want to add to the answers or if you have other info about other carry issues I MUST know, then please, send it along.

I will not run out of Bacon, "If my parents boat catches fire, then I'm grabbing the Bacon...I'll walk out real slow so it gets nice and crispy". Almost quoted from a commercial.

ReadnFool

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Sheridan, IN
    I highly recommend the book Indiana Handgun Law by Bryan Ciyou.

It is a great introduction to all the laws with simplified explanations for us non-lawyers. I know I learned a lot and feel much more comfortable with both my basic understanding of the rules and my ability to look up and interpret specific answers.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Handgun-Law-Bryan-Ciyou/dp/0978627695]Amazon.com: Indiana Handgun Law (9780978627690): Bryan Lee Ciyou: Books[/ame]

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Once again, thanks to everyone who cleared this up for me. It sure would have sucked...a lot if a person would have to report to their local PD each time they decided they wanted to carry something different.

Also, for those of you who have responded, don't forget to grab your bacon on the way out.

Doug

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    been coming here for a few weeks..i've learned more about guns laws here in this short time then the past 30 yrs on my own..this forum rocks!

I'm your huckleberry

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    My EDC:
    schylcgjb8.jpg
    Those were always better than the ones with the stupid strips of paper

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    After I read it, I guess I should feel dumb...but if you don't ask you won't know. Thanks, I don't know where or why I come up with the question. I guess it had something to do with registering your firearm. But, since you don't have to do that then there would be no reason to report/change the sidearm you're carrying.
    No offense, brother Evansvillian, but with that many posts I'm a little surprised you would ask that question.

Top Bottom