• ...and so much more!
  • craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I think I have a plan:

Have a spare tool head for the 550 that holds only decapping/resizing dies, switching the die that I want to use to station 1

Lube

Deprime/resize(cleaning the dies when necessary)

Trim when necessary

Wet tumble

Dry in dehydrator

Load in progressive mode with an empty slot in station 1(this station will still be responsible for priming)

Basically the gist is to put lots of care and attention in case prep and then "load the bases" on the 550B and crank away.

I thought about this some. Is there concern that you will deform the necks with wet tumbling? That is the reason I intend to decap ONLY, then wet tumble with pins, and then lube-resize-trim....

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Thinking about buying a progressive press but I'm a noob so I have a question. Can lubed cases be reloaded? I see YouTube videos of people reloading on their progressive presses, which includes resizing as a step. I know that rifle cases should be lubed before resizing, especially if you're full-length resizing. So are these people just not lubing the cases or just reloading lubed cases or what? I was talking to my wife's grandfather, who reloads infrequently, about buying a progressive press and loading .223 on it and he asked me about this in an attempt to play devil's advocate. I was stumped. Help?

Sorry if this is jumbled.

Ruffnek,
    I just use regular old in the bucket from the chemical supply warehouse lanolin. Never had a stuck case and the amount needed is so minute that the bucket may appear in my will to be passed down a few generations.

Top Bottom