• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • $mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Got back from the game (had to go, it was a recruiting thing for my wife's future job -hopefully). Enhanced pat down was them running the back of their hands from armpit to ankles along your side. Knife behind the belt buckle was unnoticed. Heck, I could've carried at my kidney and it wouldn't have been noticed.

Hope that helps anyone going next week.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Soldier Field has had pat downs for years..... and I have managed to get through with a pistol for years.

These "pat downs" are nothing but a show for the sheep to give a false perception of safety.

In reality, gun free zones have been shown time and again to be dangerous; even deadly.

I do my best to never be in an area absent of firearms.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    BTW, if you want to have some fun with the saps doing the patdowns, demand to be patted down by a hot chick because they guy that is trying to touch you looks like he is a homosexual.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    went to the game today and a rather weak back of the hand swipe in my line.....could have totally carried in an ankle holster as the mope that was doing my line was doing a horrible job checking each person. You could see what guys doing the search were actually doing their jobs and those that weren't.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    went to the game today and a rather weak back of the hand swipe in my line.....could have totally carried in an ankle holster as the mope that was doing my line was doing a horrible job checking each person. You could see what guys doing the search were actually doing their jobs and those that weren't.

That was part of the ticket price and I would demand money back for such a crappy groping. If I pay that much for a ticket, I want at least a good tickle.

stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    ^ don't worry the way the colts are playing this year without manning ticket prices won't be that much soon... BEAR DOWN!!!!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    BTW, if you want to have some fun with the saps doing the patdowns, demand to be patted down by a hot chick because they guy that is trying to touch you looks like he is a homosexual.

....and find yourself expelled from the stadium

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Yesterday, I carried my LCP in my front right pocket, and I made it through security with no issues. Security asked me to extend my arms, and with the back of his hands, he ran them from my armpit down to my waist. Then he ran them from my knees to my ankles.

I wasn't asked to remove anything from my pockets.

As I got through security, a Hamilton County Sheriff working just past the security zone looked down at pants pocket and nodded. I was printing slightly, but perhaps I was reading too much into the look and nod.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Oh well... I would never support the NFL with my money anyway. I was very dissapointed when the lockout did not happen. Sure was looking forward to no NFL for a season.

I highly doubt the patdowns will hurt attendance at all. Probably 90% of the people do not think like most of us and they don't care about carrying a firearm and they are not bothered by security patdowns.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Come on folks this is just for your OWN PROTECTION with the way the Colts are playing they're afraid of people shooting themself........................or players!!!!! LOL

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    The pat downs were weak at best...i could have easily got my full sized 1911 in there. Did not touch pockets, middle of back...unless u are carrying under your armpit side or outside of ankle then you are good to go.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ya'll think thats bad. I'm a huge Detroit Red Wing fan and drive up to Motown for 3 or 4 games a year. MI gun laws are obviously different and you can't carry at a sporting event that has a certian number of people at it (can't think of the number off the top of my head). Plus, Joe Louis Area has metal detectors that every fan must pass through. Its a short walk to the parking garage after the game where the Glock 21 immediately gets pulled out from under the seat and put back on the belt.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Any updates on this? Got some tickets to Sunday's game, wondering how easy it would be to CC a USPc... small of back or something

Are knives still OK or will they take those too? Last resort, I have a pair of hard-plastic knuckle-dusters... :P

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Any updates on this? Got some tickets to Sunday's game, wondering how easy it would be to CC a USPc... small of back or something

Are knives still OK or will they take those too? Last resort, I have a pair of hard-plastic knuckle-dusters... :P

This!!

I have tickets to this Sundays game too, taking my little brother and would like to be able to carry (ankle).

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    They do pat down between the knees and ankles unless you are wearing shorts. Small of the back is possible, depends on who does the pat down. I don't even try. I have a lock box in the car.

Top Bottom