• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Fyi for all you Colts fans....last year NFL called for pat downs of everyone. They we weak and I know I heard people taking about deep CC there as nobody prefers to be downtown without a gun. Well this year Lucas oil kicked it up a notch and you get wanded before going in. So be careful unless you want you ticket revoked!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Did you go thru security or is it just stuff you heard?
    I would like to know what the let you carry inside.
    They dont want people to carry guns so I would assume it's the same with knives, OC sprays, batons and whatnot.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    How about just not going to an NFL venue in the first place? Especially Lucas Oil stadium, or just about any place that takes tax dollars from us and then restricts our constitutional rights while on "their" property. EFF the NFL! They won't get a dime from me.

m waller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    If they make me leave the gun in the car, they shoud sign a waiver taking total responsponsibility for my safety.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How about just not going to an NFL venue in the first place? Especially Lucas Oil stadium, or just about any place that takes tax dollars from us and then restricts our constitutional rights while on "their" property. EFF the NFL! They won't get a dime from me.

That only works if you don't live or visit anywhere near the place. You get taxed to support the stadium if you buy any prepared food in Marion County or any of the adjacent counties other than Morgan. This means full service restaurants, fast food, sandwiches out of the cooler at the filling station, anything that is edible in ready to eat condition.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Did you go thru security or is it just stuff you heard?
    I would like to know what the let you carry inside.
    They dont want people to carry guns so I would assume it's the same with knives, OC sprays, batons and whatnot.

I'm a season ticket holder and have been to both (including tonight's) preseason games. They ask you to empty pockets of any metal then wand you. I was wanded pretty thoroughly both times.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm a season ticket holder and have been to both (including tonight's) preseason games. They ask you to empty pockets of any metal then wand you. I was wanded pretty thoroughly both times.

So you can still carry a Glock or any other non-metalic weapons. :D

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    If they make me leave the gun in the car, they shoud sign a waiver taking total responsponsibility for my safety.

I agree but I was a Colts fan way prior to being the legal age to carry a gun....so it's not stopping me. Again ...not saying a like it but I bleed blue.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    So you can still carry a Glock or any other non-metalic weapons. :D

Lol technically you could prob get through with some things that are considered weapons...but anything they think could be a weapon can get your season ticker holder status banned for good. Now if you just plan and going once you should try it! :D

Last edited:

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    did they wand ankles? I went to a pacers game last season and they had wands. I was carrying my g23 in a belly band right near by belt buckle (pretty low and deeply concealed) I just picked one of the "guards" that looked like he didn't know what he was doing. a.k.a. one that was clearly not a cop moonlighting as security. Im pretty sure he had the wand backwards when he wanded me cuz it went right over the gun and didn't make a noise.
    However, before I walked away he had me lift my pant legs to make sure I wasn't carrying on my ankle. Which sucks because my backup plan to getting into places like this is to carry my j-frame on my ankle then when I get in go to the bathroom and switch to pocket carry.

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis

ditto on the empty pockets and they wand very efficiently, probably no way to slip by according to my experience. Another sheep gets admission :facepalm:

RTM15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    WOW...I better tell my buddy to keep his in the car. He is a season ticket holder and always use to carry one in. Not anymore it looks like.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Wanding was WEAK at best tonight....even my wife turned around and gave me a 'WTF was that' look....

I had a 4" Benchmade knife in my pocket that I did not remove when told to empty my pockets.
    What I did empty from my pockets was never looked at, so I could have just taken the knife out then....
    They wanded only as far as they could reach without moving. The prior years pat downs were more thorough.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I agree but I was a Colts fan way prior to being the legal age to carry a gun....so it's not stopping me. Again ...not saying a like it but I bleed blue.

Go downtown unprotected and you may get the chance to prove that last statement.

:twocents:

I hope that (proving it) doesn't happen to you or anyone else, and thank you for the update.

Blessings,
    Bill

jtdet01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I am a little confused because I am new to Indiana and still with Michigan laws in my head. In Michigan it is illegal to enter an entertainment facility(depending on size/seating/etc) with a firearm, even with a Michigan Concealed Pistol License. So, question: Are there any laws restricting carrying (with LTCH) into these large entertainment facility, like Lucas Stadium.

Also, if they are looking for weapons and wanding people, is there signage stating such?

Top Bottom