• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So after last nights performance...how does everyone feel about the Colt's "Luck" in the draft and their outlook for this season in the NFL:):

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Despite his stats not showing it, I thought he did pretty well for a rookie. I think you've got five guaranteed losses this year (Chicago, Green Bay, New England, Detroit, and Houston in Texas). That leaves you with 11 games left. I'm guessing with the fact that there's lots of new faces on the team, new defensive scheme, etc., absolute best case is to win maybe 60% of the remaining games. So I'm saying 7-9 or 6-10 (probably 6-10), but wins and losses will be close games.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I think, from the little I saw him, he looks great and we are going to be ok.

I'm guessing we will be a 500 ball club, heck his second INT was a GREAT 1st down pass that was in the hands, gut, arms of the Colts reciever and it just doinked straight up.

That wasn't his fault, the Pic Six, that was his fault.

He's going to have those.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    He has looked better than I expected. I was reading an article with quotes from Chris Collinsworth who was at Colts camp/practice one day and he said something to the effect that Luck knows things about the Colts offense that Rookie QBs just dont know that early.

I have high hopes for him, but higher hopes for the GM and coach. It is their job to surround him with players on both sides of the ball.

I am very concerned with the colts WR situation, with Collie possibly having another concussion adding more to that fire. If he is done, and imo he should retire if he had another one, the Colts have reggie wayne, donnie avery, and two late round rookie WRs. Thats pretty damn slim pickins. I am also concerned with the offensive line, Luck has been on the move more than he should be. Need to get that shored up.

Going to be another year or two before they are back to a 10+ win team imo. But, Ill be here cheering the whole time.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    So after last nights performance...how does everyone feel about the Colt's "Luck" in the draft and their outlook for this season in the NFL:):

It's going to be another wonderful era. You obviously think a couple of INTs will render him as ineffective? He's gonna be great.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    The way he recovered from the Int says a lot about his maturity. I just hope we can protect him. Gonna be a season worth watching. Broncos as well.

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    I was impressed with his confidence after the two picks. It says alot about how he'll handle regular season mishaps. I think there are going to be some frustrating times this season but the long term looks promising. Luck is only one player and with 50 new faces on the team there will definitely be some growing pains

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I am very concerned with the colts WR situation, with Collie possibly having another concussion adding more to that fire. If he is done, and imo he should retire if he had another one, the Colts have reggie wayne, donnie avery, and two late round rookie WRs. Thats pretty damn slim pickins. I am also concerned with the offensive line, Luck has been on the move more than he should be. Need to get that shored up.

Going to be another year or two before they are back to a 10+ win team imo. But, Ill be here cheering the whole time.

Did Avery even play last night? I don't recall seeing him on the field at all.

Tim Enyeart

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Marion
    Luck is the real deal and I like the changes in both offense and defense strategies. For this coach it seems to work and the team is adapting. I too hope for a 500 season but I'm not sure the bench is deep enough when injuries start to take place.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Did Avery even play last night? I don't recall seeing him on the field at all.

He did not play, he is still even on the roster for now. It is crazy how young the colts are but on offense especially.

Everyone who caught a pass last night.

Reggie - 6 catches (12th season)
    Griff Whalen - 4 catches (rookie)
    Coby Fleener - 3 catches (rookie)
    TY Hilton - 2 catches (rookie)
    Levean Brazil - 2 catches (rookie)
    Dwayne Allen - 2 catches (rookie)
    Jeremy Ross - 1 catch (2nd season)
    Donald Brown - 1 catch (4th season)
    Kris Adams - 1 catch (2nd season)
    Jabin Sambrano 1 catch (rookie)

Reggie has as more NFL experience than the entire rest of the WR corps.

Here is the list of people who had rushes

Vick Ballard - 10 rushes (rookie)
    Donald Brown - 6 rushes (4th season)
    Darren Evans - 6 rushes (2nd season)
    Deji Karim - 1 rush (3rd season)
    Andrew Luck - 1 rush (rookie)

Two of the three QBs on the roster are also rookies.

There are 96 guys on the roster right now. 60 of those are on their 3rd NFL season or less. Thats pretty crazy. 82 have 5 yrs or less.

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Luck looks good - that's a given. When the opposing coaches say he looks good, that's saying something. Not "he looks good for a rookie", either.

First team D - seems to be a better scheme than the last several years. We'll see how it really works out. Initially, I wasn't too terribly impressed with them against the Steelers' 1st Team Offense. They're just not yet big enough at the DE and NT positions.

If you think that they'll win more than 3-4 games - I'd say you're nuts.

Remember the last QB we had? They were 3-13 that year.

Currently on the team: I can't figure out why the Colts didn't release Collie. Guy has a glass chin.

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Schedule:

@ Chicago - Loss

Minnesota - Win

Jacksonville - Win

Bye

Green Bay - Loss

@ NY Jets - Loss (But winnable)

Cleveland - Win

@ Tennessee - Loss (But winnable)

Miami - Win

@ Jags - Loss (But winnable)

@ Patriots - Loss

Bills - Loss

@ Detroit - Loss

Titans - Loss (but winnable)

@ Texans - Loss

@ KC - Loss

Texans - Loss

Remember: This is a YOUNG team. Rookie QB (No matter how good he'll be eventually - he's still a rookie playing the single hardest position in all of professional sports). It's also a young team playing a whole new defense - with some less-than-ideal personnel. Also new Offensive scheme. Wholesale shifts like these are a LOT to overcome.

2012 Colts, I predict: 4-12....and the trumpets of heaven shall sound if they win those 4.

-J-

Last edited:

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    Schedule:

@ Chicago - Loss

Minnesota - Win

Jacksonville - Win

Bye

Green Bay - Loss

@ NY Jets - Loss (But winnable)

Cleveland - Win

@ Tennessee - Loss (But winnable)

Miami - Win

@ Jags - Loss (But winnable)

@ Patriots - Loss

Bills - Loss

@ Detroit - Loss

Titans - Loss (but winnable)

@ Texans - Loss

@ KC - Loss

Texans - Loss

Remember: This is a YOUNG team. Rookie QB (No matter how good he'll be eventually - he's still a rookie playing the single hardest position in all of professional sports). It's also a young team playing a whole new defense - with some less-than-ideal personnel. Also new Offensive scheme. Wholesale shifts like these are a LOT to overcome.

2012 Colts, I predict: 4-12....and the trumpets of heaven shall sound if they win those 4.

-J-
    So your predicting either 4-12 or an 8-8 season. :):

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Luck is doing better than I figured he would at this stage. It's early and not ready to crown him yet but fairly impressive so far.
    It looks like the Colts are going to put out a marketable product on the field anyway.
    FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    The Colts look like they're going to be competitive next year. They look better on both sides of the ball. With Dan Orlovsky starting 16 games last year, that was probably a 5-6 win season. Collins and Painter were horrendous. They can actually run on 3rd and short and goalline situations. The only thing similar about the Colts this year and in years past are a few familiar faces and the same uniforms.

Top Bottom