• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Maybe the Colts will put him on the Ring of Honor right next to Jim Harbaugh.

(why Jim Harbaugh is on there I have no idea, but he is. 4 seasons with the team, losing record as a starter, never won even a division title. I don't get the Colts.)

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I don't believe that for a second. right or wrong decision, he's going to have regrets.

I never said that he wouldn't have regrets. I said that by retiring now, he wouldn't have bad feelings that he might have if he was cut at some point.

Maybe the Colts will put him on the Ring of Honor right next to Jim Harbaugh.
    (why Jim Harbaugh is on there I have no idea, but he is. 4 seasons with the team, losing record as a starter, never won even a division title. I don't get the Colts.)

I'm not much good at deciding which honor should go to which guy and for what reason. But, the season (1995?) that Jim Harbaugh started on the bench, won a bunch of games in the 4th quarter, sometimes by the seat of his pants, and then took the Colts to the AFC Championship game where they came within one bad call from going to the Superbowl, is on my short list of favorite seasons to have watched.

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Anyone watch the NFL channel this morning?
    Gronk was on and in tears over his injuries and not being able to play football anymore.
    Pretty good explanation in a bit more detail than Luck did. Guess he pretty much had to get away from football to feel decent again. The toll it takes on the body must be enormous.
    I'm closer to 70 than I am 60 and I have a lot of the old injuries that still scream at me. I've had decades to heal up and it helps little if any.
    Hindsight? Hell yea, wish it'd been different.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Anyone watch the NFL channel this morning?
    Gronk was on and in tears over his injuries and not being able to play football anymore.
    Pretty good explanation in a bit more detail than Luck did. Guess he pretty much had to get away from football to feel decent again. The toll it takes on the body must be enormous.
    I'm closer to 70 than I am 60 and I have a lot of the old injuries that still scream at me. I've had decades to heal up and it helps little if any.
    Hindsight? Hell yea, wish it'd been different.

Right there with you. There is not a day that passes I do not wince or get reminded of some idiocy I put on my body and brother the list is long. Many from the work I did. Pushing hard all the time. Paying dearly now.
    More than a few that could have been avoid but at the time taking the chance seemed OK.
    A couple of “Here hold my beer” moments.

I heard luck “Re-injured his shoulder snowboarding. Hard to say about the ankle. None of us were there.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    After I bought a Jeff Saturday jersey, he retired.

After I bought a Pat McAfee jersey, he retired.

After I met Andrew at a brewery, he retired a year or so later.

Am I cursed

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Right there with you. There is not a day that passes I do not wince or get reminded of some idiocy I put on my body and brother the list is long. Many from the work I did. Pushing hard all the time. Paying dearly now.
    More than a few that could have been avoid but at the time taking the chance seemed OK.
    A couple of “Here hold my beer” moments.

I heard luck “Re-injured his shoulder snowboarding. Hard to say about the ankle. None of us were there.

The snowboarding injury was copped to by Luck in an interview with NFL.com almost 2 years after the fact. The ankle injury explanation seems to be following the same MO as the shoulder, just not time to admit it yet.

shawnppickett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Indianapolis
    68937061_10157394455883389_1601768616653488128_n.jpg

:laugh:

I thought Indytechnerd nailed it on the head, but this wins.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The snowboarding injury was copped to by Luck in an interview with NFL.com almost 2 years after the fact. The ankle injury explanation seems to be following the same MO as the shoulder, just not time to admit it yet.

Not heard that interview. So he copped to the entire injury being off field...???

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    For all the "it is just a game", "he thought about more than football", I have another take.

Luck signed a contract to do his best to provide a service.

His teammates made decisions based on that...

The team made decisions based on that...

The NFL made decisions based on that...

The fans made decisions based on that...

The TV networks made decisions based on that...

This is big business and there was an appropriate time to retire and this was not it after all the decisions were made based on his commitment...

Top Bottom